- Experience Needed:
- More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
60,000 to 70,000 EUR per year
About the Job
- We are looking for a Lead Developer (Backend) to join our team and lead the design and implementation of some of FindHotel’s core applications.
- This is an exciting opportunity to have a major impact on the business by allowing us to scale to a completely new level, while keeping all our decision-making data-driven.
What you will be doing
- Understanding business goals and translating them into technical requirements. You are the link between the needs of the organisation and the engineers in the team.
- Selecting services and tools, designing solutions, testing, and managing the deployment of such solutions.
- Dividing work into manageable units for the data engineers, keeping an eye on time and quality.
- Writing and reviewing code, documentation, specs.
- Lead a team of talented and experienced developers.
- Mentor and collaborate with other team members.
- Stay up-to-date and experiment with new technologies and best patterns and practices.
Why join now?
- We have completely re-built the internals of our product and set the foundations to transform FindHotel from a search product into a recommendation system. This transition will bring exciting engineering challenges.
- We are looking to grow traffic from 2M monthly visitors to +10M within the coming year. Doing that in a market as mature and competitive as online accommodation means that we need to be truly innovative. If you have a great idea nobody will stop you from giving it a try!
- We are a company that is growing fast, hiring talent across many different areas of expertise (development, data science, data analysis, marketing, UX). Each team collaborates with the others on a lot of different tasks, making every day the day when you learn something new.
What a day in the office might look like
- In the morning, after the daily stand-up, you discuss with your team how to improve the performance of an API call which is not as fast as it could be. After lunch, you provide some feedback on the quality of a couple PRs from your teammates.
- Then you implement a new feature from the backlog or tackle an annoying technical debt issue that you've been keeping an eye on for a while.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a diverse international team within a profitable company with a startup mindset
- An agile environment where communication and initiative is valued and cherished
- Many chances to develop yourself, including access to courses and conferences
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short, democratic decision paths
- A fun work environment at a great office in the city center of Amsterdam
About this Company
FindHotel are building the world's best metasearch, distributing hotel price comparison offers to millions of visitors across the world. We already operate some of the leading hotel comparison sites in markets as diverse as Taiwan, Israel and Sweden, under the brand name Find Hotel.
See all Careers and Jobs at FindHotel