This job is closed
or expired and is no longer open for applications
- Experience Needed:
- More than 4 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Negotiable, Quarterly Bonus
About the Job
- Creating complex queries on large data sets
- Creating stored procedures, triggers, and functions
- Generating codes to extract, transform, and load data from miscellaneous (e.g. XML, flat files...) data sources to SQL Server or Non-SQL Databases
- Perform on-going tuning for the database engines and instances to improve performance.
- Plan and implements backup and recovery for the database to protect data against any failures.
- Reporting required statistics to upper management.
- Creating database integration processes between multiple DB engines and objects.
- Good knowledge of console application and web applications.
- Mentor and develop junior team members of system engineers as required.
- Pro actively monitor system capacity and produce regular capacity planning reports to show current systems capacity utilization and growth trends, to add capacity as needed.
- Take lead in resolving operational issues, perform root cause analysis, and implement necessary corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Install, upgrade, monitor, and maintain the relevant Database to keep it at high level of availability.
- Identify and recommend database techniques to support business needs.
- Troubleshoot problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools to keep the high level of systems availability and data consistency.
- Maintain the relevant database high availability and disaster recovery procedures using HA tools that manage different DB nodes access and undertake better availability.
- Administer all database objects, including tables, clusters, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning.
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
- Support operation team by responding to operation incidents and service requests.
- Setup and maintain database infrastructure for the company’s BI and reporting needs.
- Create detailed documentation including diagrams of database infrastructure.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all the stakeholders (internal teams and clients).
- Reviewing current systems, and Presenting ideas for system improvement.
- Make sure a database is operational, and providing valid and relevant data.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems encountered by end users of various areas such as, desktop systems, user’s applications, ERP applications, co-location network communications, Internet and other computer technology.
- Fixing problems and proactive to in trying anticipate likely problems, find malfunctions, interruptions or network such as communications, revision levels, compatibility, configurations and capacities.
- Installing, configuring, maintenance and troubleshooting network systems.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputable university.
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- 4+ years of related experience.
- Expert skills in SQL programming, stored procedure, writing, debugging, and tuning.
- Experience in data modeling and database design and being well versed with SQL Server best practices.
- Hands-on SQL-XML programming skills
- XML extraction and transformation
- Big data analytics concepts (preferred)
- Experience with modeling tools and productivity tools.
- Experience in monitoring and troubleshooting database activity.
- Experience in query and database tuning.
- Experience in implementing operational automation.
- Knowledge of application server administrations.
- Knowledge in a scripting language like PowerShell.
- Ability to develop procedure documents and maintain detailed database related documents.
- Deep knowledge of computer programming and data manipulation techniques
- Excellent knowledge of Database Performance Tuning
- Proficient with Database Backups, Recovery and clustering
- Support during Deployments
- Strong DBA skills Microsoft SQL Server.
- Database engineering and architecture skills are required
- Ability to document processes.
- Has the ability to suggest and provide IT solutions to business and management problems.
- An understanding of confidentiality and data protection issues.
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Document Management (DMS) systems.
- Expert-level Microsoft Windows Server OS administration.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Service 6, 7, 7.5, and 10.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SQL server 2008 R2, 2012, and 2014.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint Services 2010, 2013, and SharePoint online.
- In-depth knowledge of Active Directory and Domain Name System.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft products.
- In-depth knowledge of Network.
- In-depth knowledge of virtualization technology (Microsoft Hyper-V).
- Security+ required.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
- Project Management, Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning.
- Strong technical knowledge in IP, WAN, LAN, VPN connectivity
- Working Experience with Cisco technologies.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Very Good Presentation, analytical & Problem Solving Skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and handling multi tasks at a time.
- Ability to work with a team environment.
About this Company
Egyptian Red Crescent works to achieve the ultimate goal of alleviating humanitarian sufferings especially for those in crisis.
See all Careers and Jobs at Egyptian Red Crescent
Believing in the power of humanity and strength of our volunteer network, Egyptian Red Crescent works as an auxiliary body to the...