- Experience Needed:
- 5 to 8 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- The Senior Systems Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in house information systems that support core organizational functions.
- This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
1- Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
2- Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsources, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
3- Operational Management
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-dep th tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Provide guidance and assign tasks to System Engineers.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- Postgraduate certificates and/or diplomas will be an asset
- Project Management
- Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Windows Server Administration 2008/2012
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- Windows Azure
- Backup solutions such as Symantec/Veeam
- Virtulization Knowledge
- Federation Services and SSO
- Network services Administration ( DHCP-DNS,....etc
- Cluster and High Availability
- SQL server Administration
- Email Server Administration
- Excellent computer skills (Advanced usage of MS)
- Fluent English language
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Customer orientation
High mental abilities
- Solve major problems
- Making decisions on major issues
- Making decisions on financial issues
Minimal physical abilities
High numerical abilities
- Complex calculations
- Numerical analysis
About this Company
World Business Network (WBN) is an end-to-end business technology corporation, offering tailored Business Solutions and Management Consultancy to enterprises. WBN has been established with a vision to build an ecosystem that integrates a comprehensive set of capabilities with...
See all Careers and Jobs at World Business Network