This job is closed
or expired and is no longer open for applications
Systems & Network Engineer / Section Head
- Experience Needed:
- 5 to 7 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the Production systems that support core organizational functions.
- This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems.
- Should apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to minimize the down time to the acceptable level.
- Mentor and provide guidance to the Systems Engineer staff.
- Identify service improvements through process changes, new systems or equipment to reduce incidents
- Undertake infrastructure changes in accordance with the Change Management processes including timely user communication
- Undertake capacity planning and management using network and system monitoring tools.
- Present data showing trends and make recommendations on a quarterly basis.
- Provide guidance to Senior & junior engineers, helping them attain Service Levels and escalate calls in good time.
- Contribute to team Review meetings and Weekly reporting.
- Produce and keep up to date documentation and diagrams showing infrastructure configuration.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems, develop and implement strategies for improving or further leverage these systems.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Network and security experience is a must.
- Linux experience is a must.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices .
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
About this Company
E-Masary acts as a Digital Reseller and Payment Service Provider serving big organizations, developing Business to Business propositions starting in Egypt, then Middle East and Africa.
See all Careers and Jobs at Masary