Systems & Network Engineer / Section Head
- Experience Needed:
- 5 to 7 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the Production systems that support core organizational functions.
- This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems.
- Should apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to minimize the down time to the acceptable level.
- Mentor and provide guidance to the Systems Engineer staff.
- Identify service improvements through process changes, new systems or equipment to reduce incidents
- Undertake infrastructure changes in accordance with the Change Management processes including timely user communication
- Undertake capacity planning and management using network and system monitoring tools.
- Present data showing trends and make recommendations on a quarterly basis.
- Provide guidance to Senior & junior engineers, helping them attain Service Levels and escalate calls in good time.
- Contribute to team Review meetings and Weekly reporting.
- Produce and keep up to date documentation and diagrams showing infrastructure configuration.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems, develop and implement strategies for improving or further leverage these systems.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Network and security experience is a must.
- Linux experience is a must.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices .
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
About this Company
E-Masary acts as a Digital Reseller and Payment Service Provider serving big organizations, developing Business to Business propositions starting in Egypt, then Middle East and Africa.
See all Careers and Jobs at Masary
Job sent successfully to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Error happened when sending mail, please check the fields below or try again later.