- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Confidential, Eid bonus yearly basics, increase %2 yearly basics, Medical insurance covered
About the Job
Report to: Medical Coordinator
- Participating in the definition and planning of the epidemiological activities of the Mission; ensure completion of all activities related to medical data entry and data management into the mission database and carry out epidemiological data analysis and monitoring of medical activities in the projects, according to MSF protocols in order to contribute to appropriate evidence-based decision making in the Mission.
- Ensuring the development and implementation of Operational Research/Studies and carry out investigations and assessments according to MSF standards and procedures in the Mission.
Planning and organization:
- Participate, in close collaboration with the Medical Coordination and the medical team members in the projects, in the planning, definition and organization of the annual epidemiological activity plan in order to contribute to the improvement of overall performance of MSF programs in the mission
- Lead the implementation of the protocols and epidemiological methodology, ensuring all related staff follows them in order to improve research efficiency
Epidemiological routine activities:
- Carry out key epidemiological activities at mission level such as deep data cleaning, management, data analysis and reporting of findings.
- Guide data clerks’ activities in order to ensure accuracy, collation and entry of all data, while ensuring quality of data and understanding by the medical staff of the need for consistent case definitions and data recording.
- Supervise data filing procedures, ensuring that all epidemiology software tools are properly used and are updated regularly, in order to ensure full data traceability and availability
- Maintain databases and adjust the system to operational activities’ needs with the support by LuXOR referents
- Provide regular statistical reports for the medical team as well as inform the superior of any missing information, major changes or big differences in data.
- Participate in timely delivery of operational monthly and quarterly reports, assist medical staff in preparing epidemiological reports related to the activities in the projects
- Do quality control of the data entry officers’ performance on regular basis and carry out monthly back up.
- Provide technical support to data entry officers in project sites and give response to their training needs.
- Together with PMRs and Medical Teams and with the support of the medCo, assist in updating/reviewing Projects Indicators in prevision of the Annual Plan Process
- Close follow up of Projects patients’ records in the database and regular feedback of the to the project medical team to ensure a proper monitoring of active patients and subsequent proper archiving of closed files.
- Assist with technical support on patients’ surveys, carried out in the Project.
- Explore any medical data gaps or needs and offer technical ideas on improvement.
- Training the Data Encoders/clerks in the Projects on some basic techniques related to data entry.
- Implement operational research protocols: where standard protocols are not available or appropriate, develop a protocol seeking extensive feedback and pilot testing of tools to ensure the objectives will be met robustly.
- Supervise the epidemiological research activity ensuring that contact with communities and other stakeholders are aligned with the OR’s objectives, if necessary.
- Report regularly to the Medical Coordination on the progress of data collection, on ongoing analysis of research or on any issue causing delay, in order to achieve epidemiological goals on time.
- Provide data analysis and regular statistical reports for the medical team involved in the ongoing researches
- Advise the MSF medical team on epidemiological matters that arise in the course of their activity research, and when necessary, design and implement epidemiological tools and data collection to meet new epidemiological needs.
- Participate in the discussions held at project and coordination level about Operational Research, explore, together with the medical teams, any OR needs for the Project.
About this Company
Médecins Sans Frontières / أطباء بلا حدود (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people...
See all Careers and Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontieres