This job is closed
or expired and is no longer open for applications
- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Master's Degree at least
Arabic, English, French
- Travel Frequency:
- Up to 100% travel
About the Job
- As a clinical psychologist, your role will be to propose, implement and improve treatment for patients with mental conditions, with strategies and tools adapted to the context and culture.
- A substantial part of your work will involve coordination of the different activities, training and supervising staff who carry out the mental health/psychosocial support activities.
- As a mental health specialist you may work with people suffering from post-traumatic stress related to a conflict situation or natural disaster, with victims of sexual violence, or with people being treated for HIV/AIDS and/or tuberculosis.
- Work may occasionally include direct clinical care, but of primary importance will be your capacity to recruit, train, and supervise locally hired mental health workers, and to adapt tools to local cultural needs/contexts and to changing circumstances in the field.
- Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the Mental Health activity manager and other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities.
- Coordinates activities of counseling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts on mental health matters, including referral services.
- Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psycho social needs.
- Liaise with the other MSF team members of the project.
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Oversee the administrative processes associated with psychosocial functioning.
- When needed, give psychological support to patients according to MSF protocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
- Compile the data and statistic linked with MH activities and report to the MH activity manager
- Offer clinical counseling supervision to mental health counselors in collaboration with the Mental Health Activity Manager.
- Ensure the patient’s related information is kept confidential.
- Master of clinical psychology
- Relevant clinical work experience of minimum 2 years
- Experience in treating trauma/violence related problems.
- Medical ethics,
- Cultural sensitivity,
- Openness and flexibility,
- Ability to live and work as a team,
- Ability to manage stress,
- Availability: MSF requires a minimum of a 2 years commitment.
- Arabic, English and/or French.
About this Company
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / أطباء بلا حدود is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people in 70 countries who are affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers...
See all Careers and Jobs at Médecins sans Frontières / أطباء بلا حدود - International field work