- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Travel Frequency:
- Minimal travel
About the Job
- Lead, Coordinate & Monitoring purchasing team and their tasks according to the procurement department process
- Prepare procurement plan according to the project BOQ and schedule.
- Analyze bills of material and drawings to understand key requirements
- Reviewing tender proposal technical and financial documents
- Keep a constant check on stock levels managing the stocking and destocking global measures.
- Represent the company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Qualify new suppliers and track the current suppliers’ performance and reliability.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided
- Update the procurement logs for the items in hand frequently.
- Obtain written quotations from suppliers/ sub-contractors.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Negotiate the best payment terms and contract conditions, maintaining high level of integrity
- Follow up with suppliers from negotiation till successful delivery to site
- Acquire Samples from suppliers when needed
- Maintain the BOQ with updates from suppliers until after awarding the contract.
- Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations
- Manage materials/equipment inventory.
- Attend meetings and relevant trade conferences.
- Train and supervise the work of other members of staff.
- Engineering Bachelor degree is required, Civil/Architecture is preferred.
- Knowledge of sourcing of materials and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
- English and computer skills is a must.
- Coordination skills and Organization skills
- Ability to plan ahead
- Problem solver and decision maker
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Team Player
- Loss prevention/cost reduction mindset
About this Company
EG-ART Contracting and Decoration was established in June 2012 as a registered company in Egypt to carry out larger commercial & project management works.
See all Careers and Jobs at EG-ART for Contracting & Decoration
EG-ART is a forward thinking, energetic and dynamic construction company. We deliver fit out,...
Job sent successfully to email@example.com.
Error happened when sending mail, please check the fields below or try again later.