- Experience Needed:
- 0 to 2 years
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
A Logistic Officer could be expected by potential employers to possess the following skills:
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management.
- Understanding warehouse and inventory computer system
- Creating shipping/ delivery routes and schedules
- Tracking shipment progress
- Understanding safety/ security processes and procedures
- Wide- ranging supply functional background an asset, from procurement to storage, transport management and distribution to beneficiaries.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications, such as Word and Excel.
The major duties are as follow:
- Coordinating and monitoring supply chain operations
- Ensuring premises, assets and communications are used effectively
- Utilizing logistics IT to optimize shipping and transport procedures
- Coordinate and monitor supply chain operations
- Ensure premises, assets and communication ways are used effectively
- Utilize logistics IT to optimize procedures
- Recruit and coordinate logistics staff (e.g. truck drivers) according to availabilities and requirements
- Supervise orders and arrange stocking of products to insure they meet needs.
- Communicate with suppliers, retailers, customers etc. to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction
- Plan and track the shipment of final products according to customer requirements
- Keep logs and records of warehouse stock, executed orders etc.
- Prepare accurate reports for upper management