- Experience Needed:
- 7 to 8 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Negotiable, Annual Bonus
About the Job
Nature & Scope:
- The Jobholder is responsible for the operational coordination of procurement activities starting from the tendering phase to the final stage of direct procuring of the project materials in coordination with the Project Manager until the final stage of the procurement process.
- The jobholder keeps the Procurement Assistant Director informed of on-going activities, developments and problems on a regular but relatively informal basis and by preparing and updating the Procurement log which facilitate tracking all procurement issues.
- The jobholder provides the Procurement Assistant Director with new ideas and proposals – whenever possible - to help develop and enhance the Procurement process with adherence to the main company procedures and policies.
- Obtain the Development Department approval for the requested item to proceed with the procurement cycle and ensure the budget availability for it.
- Issue and process requisitions for quotations to suppliers/sub-contractors.
- Obtain written quotations from suppliers/ sub-contractors.
- Negotiate with suppliers/sub-contractors to obtain optimum quality, cost, and payment terms…. etc.
- Prepare technical comparison in coordination with the requesting department representative and the financial comparisons in compliance with the item specification and the submitted offers.
- Submit the recommendation for the best technical & financial offer to the Procurement Manager.
- Issue the PO for the requested item to the approved selected supplier.
- Coordinate with the contracts manger to issue contract/LOA for the supply and/or supply & install items whenever applicable.
- Ensure that the supplier/sub-contractor received the advance payment.
- Coordinate and provide support to all team members and the other Commercial Department divisions.
- Update the procurement logs for the items in hand frequently.
- Maintain good relations with suppliers/sub-contractors, consultants to ensure the best benefit to Emaar is achieved.
- Provide regular input and proposals for enhancing the procurement department efficiency and output.
- Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and internet sites, and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.
- Attend meetings, trade shows, conferences, conventions and seminars to network with people involved in the procurement process (Consultants, Contractors, suppliers,…etc.)
- Perform other tasks assigned by the direct manager which include but not limited to the above mentioned duties.
About this Company
Emaar Misr for Development S.A.E is the wholly owned subsidiary of the UAE-based Emaar Properties PJSC, a global property developer. Emaar Misr is one of the largest foreign direct investor in Egypt’s real estate sector with an investment portfolio of EGP 53 billion. Emaar has...
See all Careers and Jobs at Emaar