- Experience Needed:
- More than 15 years
- Career Level:
- Senior Management (e.g. VP, CEO)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- The QHSE Director will lead and direct the provision and delivery of QHSE leadership and services throughout the company; provide advice and support with particular focus on the industry in alignment with company strategies.
- The role will require a broad QHSE skillset and an excellent understanding of the current industry best practices and legislations ensuring approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to service provision are developed and maintained.
- The role will contribute to company strategic decision making; participate in company initiatives, and represent the company as required.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
QHSE Strategy Development:
- Determine appropriate QHSE strategy and set objectives and stretching targets for development of QHSE within the group.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective QHSE management system that complies with the law and regulatory body best practice and guidance.
- Keep abreast of new developments on legislation and policy related to QHSE.
QHSE Capability Development:
- Research and evaluate current best practices in the QHSE domain.
- Engage with client QHSE departments, regulatory authorities and industry organisations and brief business on alignment requirements.
- Maintenance, Implementation, and development of ISO certifications.
Management and Organisation:
- Ensure QHSE systems and processes are executed across the organization.
- Management of emergency responses to QHSE incidents
- Manage and coordinate QHSE training for all employees.
- Conduct reviews and identify improvements
- Embed QHSE culture throughout the business
- Develop best practice
- Manage annual audits and inspections
- Carry out instructions in relation to QHSE activities as required.
- Maintain support and drive risk management practices.
- Development and implementation of safety management systems.
- Facilitate emergency response exercises and mock drills as required.
- Support operational management.
- Develops and manages departmental budget, which includes all financial aspects of the department including capital project estimates.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Diploma or Master’s Degree in related field is a plus
- Certifications in QHSE Management is a must
- Min 15 years of Progressive work related experience with minimum 5 years of Senior Management experience.
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Full knowledge of current QHSE legislations, standards and best practice is essential.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- First class personal written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage and influence across a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven and solid negotiation skills.
- Robust analytical skills with strong conceptual abilities.
- Knowledge of business and management principles including strategic planning, resource allocation and leadership techniques.
- Able to work under pressure to meet specific deadlines.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Forward thinker and innovative.
- Has a track record of achievement at Executive level, leadership, communications and negotiation abilities.
- High-energy personality and a strong spirit of teamwork; able to work effectively and collaboratively with stakeholders and teams across the business.
About this Company
Oriental Weavers was founded in 1979 by industrialist and entrepreneur Mohammed Farid Khamis and has been traded on the Egyptian Exchange since 1997. From a single loom — and building on Egypt’s long textile tradition which dates back to a linen cloth made in Upper Egypt...
See all Careers and Jobs at Oriental Weavers