- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
1,900 to 2,000 USD per month, 125 $ ( paid in local currency = 6000 GMD )
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
Agricultural Engineer is now needed To work in Gambia as Agronomist : 1 year contract to be renew based on both sides agreement Starting September 2017 .
- Responsible for following up all farming activities including planting, irrigation, and harvesting.
- Traveling to the different agricultural sites for follow-up and coordination.
- Preparing daily activity Progress Reports for each farming site.
- Follow-up the execution of the irrigation, fertilizations and pesticides program.
- Implementing surveys on available nurseries for selecting a short-list.
- Following up the right execution of planting for the transplants.
- Manage and follow up the nurseries from seeds to transplant and till delivery to the farming site.
- Investigate the different agricultural sites and analyze available water and land to assure suitability for planting.
- Analyzing water and soil samples.
- Selecting the right variety of tomato seeds suitable for each planting site
More About the Job:
- Salary : 2000 $
- Allowance : 125 $ ( paid in local currency = 6000 GMD )
- 1 Air ticket per year ( Cairo - Banjul ) & return .
- 30 Days paid leave ( date of leave based on the work requirement and not before complete 11 month )
- Local medical coverage.
- Transportation: Pickup vehicle ( used) including Fuel .
- Accommodation : Single house ( at side - 60 km from the capital)
- Cellphone: Locally covered ( exclude of personal calls & international calls )
- Resident permanent & all paper work on company account .
- End of Contract Bonus ( Based on Management appraisal )
- 1 month notes for terminate the contract . ( by written advice from any side )