- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Job Purpose :
Implement and manage the production unit through the effective utilization of all its natural, human and financial resources in order to maximize production yields and quality on the respective section(s).
Principal Accountabilities :
- Establish and implement the operational plan for short, medium and long term production practices by applying available technology.
- Ensuring sound management principles are applied to create a favorable management climate by obtaining measurable goals, good communication and motivation on all levels.
- Draw up for approval by the Agriculture director the annual operating budget and control the costs of production to within 5% of the budget, ensuring continuous improvement through productivity and efficacy improvements on all aspects of the production process to achieve maximum production for the farm.
- Ensure volumes are produced in accordance with production curves, at optimal quality fruit for different marketing outlets.
- Responsible for application of legal and fair labour relations practices to ensure labour stability on Farm.
- Implement a performance management by :
- Setting Objectives
- Measuring performance
- Giving feedback & Recognition
- Managing the development programme of sub-ordinates according to needs and priorities.
- Ensure the correct application of the Group Policy and Corporate Mission to avoid mismanagement of resources.
- Maintain all external accreditations i.e. GlobalGap, Natures Choice, Fairtrade, Ethical etc.
- Liaise with external institutions, to ensure that all available technology and resources are effectively integrated with production practices.
- Ensure compliance with all legal aspects regarding water rights and work safety regulations.
- Meetings and reports – schedule frequent meetings and prepare weekly/monthly reports in a professional way.