This job is closed
or expired and is no longer open for applications
- Experience Needed:
- 2 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Negotiable, Incentive Scheme and Profit Share
About the Job
- Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating purchasing plans, work processes, systems and procedures to achieve annual goals, objectives and work standards from abroad.
- Performs or coordinates activities involved with purchasing goods and services such as raw material, equipment, tools, and supplies.
- Implements the product cost reduction strategy including savings, resource plans and supplier process improvements.
- Prepares instructions regarding purchasing policies and procedures and directs purchasing programs accordingly.
- Ensures the provision of goods and services that support the achievement of overall business objectives.
- Supervises the selection and ordering of materials, supplies, and services from vendors.
- Verifies and approves of purchase orders, requisitions and associated invoices for equipment purchases.
- Monitors supply sources, quotations and terms, etc.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Communicates with supplier changes in specifications, change orders, quantities, and adjustments.
- Ensures defective parts are returned to suppliers in line with company procedures.
- Contacts carriers to arrange for transportation of purchases.
- Bachelor's degree in pharmacy, Vet or science.
- From 2 to 5 year of purchasing experience preferably in pharmaceutical industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of purchasing procedures and practices
- Ability to effectively negotiate with vendors etc. to obtain the most cost effective prices and contract terms for goods, supplies or services.
- Excellent English, verbal / written communication
- Excellent organization and operational planning skills
- Very strong supplier negotiation skills
- Ability to work well through others.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written.
About this Company
Orchidia served as the local agent for a number of known multinational pharmaceutical companies from 1993 till 2002.During this period, Orchidia was responsible for launching, marketing and distribution of a wide range of eye care and general medicine products in Egypt. * Dr....
See all Careers and Jobs at Orchidia Pharmaceutical Industries