- Experience Needed:
- More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Travel Frequency:
- Up to 25% travel
About the Job
Internet of Things is one of the newly emerging fields that is well-positioned in Orange Research/Development radar. Cairo International Lab invests in innovation in the IoT domain to provide tailored services for the AMEA region. The position of IoT Firmware Technical Lead will lead the embedded Software activities in the multidisciplinary effort of creating the IoT devices and services.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
The candidate will lead a team of FW Engineers responsible for designing and implementing secure, robust, stable and well documented embedded Software integrated in complete solutions in the domain of IoT and M2M at OLE (Orange Lab Egypt). The team will be contributing /collaborating with associated teams at OLPS, OLN and TC in France, as well as providing business solutions for Orange affiliates in AMEA. The technical lead will be responsible for the following technical and managerial tasks:
- Architect FW for IoT devices
- Lead FW development team
- Breakdown system into components and assign to team members
- Estimate level of effort for team tasks
- Act as customer point of contact and manage both customer expectations and team performance
- Train FW team members to become sound senior FW developers
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Combining research profile with professional experience.
- Solid understanding of Electrical/Electronic Circuits
- Expert knowledge of Computer Architecture
- Expert knowledge of Micro-controllers and their peripherals
- Expert knowledge of RTOS and scheduling
- Good understanding of communication protocols and technologies, including Cellular, WLAN, and LPWA protocols.
- Full awareness of using lab equipment such as: Storage Oscilloscopes, Spectrum and Network Analyzer, Signal and Function Generators.
- Solid C and/or C++ programming skills
- Problem Solving (coding challenges)
- Ability to digest and implement standards
- Ability to lead
- Strong communication skills
- Solid sense of ownership and accountability
- Past relevant experience in M2M and Embedded System Design.
- Advanced Research Skills and Technical Profile.
- Mastering the use Telecom Lab Equipment in solving lab problems.
- Ability to provide hands-on team tutoring.
- Sound Communication Skills.
- Team Leadership and Coaching Skills.
- B. Eng in Computer Engineering or equivalent, Postgraduate degree is preferable.
- Fluent (Reading, Writing and Speaking) in English , French is a plus.
- 10+ years work experience in Firmware Design for R&D centres including 2+ years in a leadership role.
This job needs strong proficiency in the following abilities:
Problem Solving, English Comprehension, English Writing, English Speaking, Teamwork, Interpersonal Skills and Numerical Analysis.
You can verify these abilities and more, hence have a better chance at this job and others as well if you take the Viriphi Assessment.
About this Company
The iHub is a non-for-profit entity that aims at increasing the hands-on experience and boosting innovation within students. The iHub exists at Ain Shams, Cairo, Alexandria and Minia Universities The iHub partners with many industry companies and startups in providing...
See all Careers and Jobs at iHub