- Experience Needed:
- 3 to 7 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Oracle Application DBA will support Enterprise and Enablement service’s application databases which include administrating Oracle databases within the ADBA support model scope in coordination with Vodafone group Oracle DC Technical DBA team.
- Evaluate Oracle features and Oracle related products for supported services.
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures with cooperation with DC DB/Backup Teams.
- Take care of the services database design and implementation.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Perform database and application queries tuning and performance monitoring.
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning).
- Work as part of Enterprise DBA team and provide 24x7 support when required.
- Perform general technical troubleshooting and give consultation to Operation /development teams.
- Interface with Oracle DC team for escalated database issues/changes.
- Support application databases deployment/upgrades activities.
- Set up, manage and monitor application related jobs and data replication activities.
- Implement or request any database required changes.
- Run import and export of data on schema basis and required Data migration activities.
- Handling BAU activities (incident, Service requests and problem tickets).
- Good understanding of the Oracle database, related utilities and tools.
- A good knowledge of the logical/physical database design.
- Knowledge of all Oracle backup and recovery scenarios “Physical & Logical”.
- Good knowledge of Oracle security and availability management.
- Knowledge of SQL querying and PL/SQL code packages.
- A good understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems.
- A good knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripting.
- Experience in code migration, database change management through the stages of the development life cycle.
- A good knowledge of both database and system performance tuning/monitoring.
- Should have good communication skills with customers, development teams, vendors and systems administrators.
- Should have the ability to handle multiple services/projects and deadlines.
- Should possess a sound understanding of the business need and requirements.
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment, where the technology is constantly changing.
- Oracle DBA OCA/OCP certification is preferable.
- Linux RHCA/RHCE certification is also preferable.
- MySQL/MSSQL knowledge is preferable
About this Company
Since inception in 1998, Vodafone Egypt has grown over the years to become the leading mobile operator in Egypt, not only in revenue share but also the number 1 mobile operator with the largest customer base.
See all Careers and Jobs at Vodafone
Vodafone currently serves more than 40 million...