- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Doctorate at least
Arabic, English, French
About the Job
About The Company:
- Epicentre is a non-profit organization, created in 1986 by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), whose activities cover research projects to assess health situations in complex environments, to evaluate health care programs, and to test new care strategies in field conditions.
- Epicentre is comprised of health professionals specialised in epidemiological methods. In 1996, Epicentre became a World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Research in Epidemiology and Response to Emerging Diseases.
Under Epicentre’s Director of Intervention Epidemiology and Training, through the supervision of an Epicentre senior epidemiologist, in close and permanent collaboration with the Head of the MSF-Dubai cell and her deputies.
- Assists Médecins Sans Frontières field teams in the monitoring of health programs across the Middle East region and the health status of populations targeted by these programs.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of research projects within the programs run by the MSF’s Operational Cell in Dubai conducted with Médecins Sans Frontières.
- Provides support to the cell to better frame and explore potential research questions through exploratory analyses of programmatic data.
- Contributes to Epicentre’s regular activities such as representation in technical working groups, training and scientific communication.
- Formulates appropriate research questions to investigate programmatic challenges, and identifies the most appropriate and feasible epidemiological study design to answer these
- Manages relations with important stakeholders across the organization to drive forward assessments and research studies, and effectively oversees ad hoc data collection teams
- Analyses data using appropriate statistical methods, including descriptive statistics, complex survey estimation, trial analysis and multi-variate models to investigate associations
- This position is based in MSF UAE office in Dubai, and is expected to start as soon as possible.
- This is a permanent position.
- The salary will be commensurate with experience in line with the Epicentre salary scale.
Candidate requirements and desired competencies:
- Medical Doctor (preferable) or Doctoral Degree, with a post-graduate degree in epidemiology (preferable), biostatistics or public health
- Previous relevant working experience with MSF and/or with another agency delivering humanitarian services.
- Willing to travel 3 to 4 months a year, sometimes at short notice and in insecure setting
- Fluent in English; fluency or working knowledge in Arabic and/or French strongly preferable.
- Communicates effectively and clearly orally and in writing
- Ability to write well-structured, succinct and thoroughly referenced scientific reports and journal papers
- Uses his/her strong understanding of the public health features of crises to identify, appraise and synthesis available health information into an overall situation analysis to inform programmatic decisions
- Has a good understanding of the Middle East, including of ongoing crises affecting the region, and of the specific disease burden and health system challenges in this region
About this Company
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / أطباء بلا حدود is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people in 70 countries who are affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers...
See all Careers and Jobs at Médecins sans Frontières / أطباء بلا حدود - International field work