- Experience Needed:
- More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Position Objectives:
- The M&E Manager will lead the M&E team responsible for the day to day monitoring and evaluation of the project activities in Aswan.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Programme Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Work with CEP Manager and project staff to implement and strengthen the M&E framework, and ensure annual review of the M&E Plan.
- Review existing external social and economic data for the programme’s target area to update the programme’s existing knowledge of data of socio-economic conditions
- Ensure that a user-friendly management information system (MIS) is developed and is functional, thereby allowing data to be accessed in a simple way for purposes of reporting and programme improvement; This includes developing the tools, data flow system, database and data analysis and dissemination processes.
- Ensure the systematic collection, analysis, and reporting of routine data as per the overall M&E plan. This includes implementing data collection exercises, analyzing the data and building the capacity of the ASDP project staff to apply these tools;
- Lead the design and implementation of quantitative and qualitative studies, including baseline and follow-up surveys, to assess the achievement of programme outcomes;
- Where studies are to be outsourced, prepare terms of reference for assessment and learning studies to be undertaken during the course of programme implementation; and be responsible for the supervision and quality assurance/control of external assessments as required;
- Support the Program Manager in the development of the annual work plan and M&E targets;
- Contribute to the development of the M&E Plan for donor proposals.
Training and Capacity Building:
- Identify customized, on-site training opportunities to build the M&E team capacity;
- Oversee the design and delivery of training courses on monitoring and evaluation for programme staff as is commensurate with their needs and level of familiarity with these concepts;
- Train/develop capacity among enumerators/researchers and data management staff as and when required;
- Mentor and strengthen M&E team capacity through appropriate recruitments and on-the-job capacity building
Reporting and Dissemination:
- Contribute to donor reporting by ensuring the accuracy and reliability of the data reported in project documents;
- Prepare reports on M&E findings, as required, to the Board, donor agencies, highlighting areas of concern and preparing the documentation, for review at meetings;
- Document best practices and share lessons learned with internal implementing partners and other network partners, government and NGOs;
- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with programme staff, implementing partners and primary stakeholders.
- Work closely with the communication team to develop communication material for external and internal audiences
- Manage and maintain the M&E budget and coordinate with finance on all matters pertaining to it;
- Supervise the M&E activities;
- Monitor implementation against target to ensure that programme contractual obligations are met;
- Encourage staff to report transparently on fieldwork, highlighting problems and possible solutions plus lessons learned. Reward innovation in critical reflection and learning;
- Mobilize relevant M&E technical assistance in a timely manner, with clearly defined needs for such assistance to other departments in the organization.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate is expected to have:
- A post-graduate degree in a social sciences field, with practical experience in the monitoring and evaluation of activities in multi-stakeholders development programmes, particularly in the areas of education, skills development and TVET;
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience, with at least 5 years of direct experience in a development context within complex M&E units, particularly in Egypt;
- Extensive knowledge of results-based management (RBM), including how to design and analyze logic models and how to develop SMART indicators;
- Familiarity of the Egyptian research/academic publishing world who can lead academic conferences and research agenda
- Demonstrated knowledge and capacity to design and implement qualitative and/or quantitative research methods for the purpose of programme evaluation and documentation;
- Demonstrated capacity to write results-based donor reports;
- Experience with the development and management of MIS including data collection methods and tools (forms, formats, questionnaires) as well as systems for the data cleaning, entry, analysis and storage of quantitative data
- Thorough understanding of MS ACCESS including ability to write script,
- Knowledge of offline and online data management systems;
- Excellent written and verbal English and Arabic language skills;
- Ability to travel extensively to Aswan
- Other Competencies:
- A solid understanding of professional development and employment generation discourse;
- Leadership qualities and the ability to manage teams effectively;
- Demonstrated capacity to multi-task, work independently and take initiative;
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively and persuasively;
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through training, capacity building and mentoring;
- Experience with Canadian DFATD, USAID, EC and other bilateral donors is an asset.
About this Company
The agencies of the AKDN are private, international, non-denominational development organization. They work to improve the welfare and prospects of people in the developing world, particularly in Asia and Africa, without regard to faith, origin or gender. Its programs are...
See all Careers and Jobs at Aga Khan Foundation