- Experience Needed:
- 5 to 12 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Master's Degree at least
About the Job
- Implement and manage the Operations ESMM, which aims to ensure that a consistent, comprehensive and coordinated approach is taken to environmental protection throughout the life of the project.
- Provide visible environmental leadership at the facility and clearly communicates EEHC requirements with respect to environmental management, including day-to-day custodian of the environmental aspects EEHC E&S Policy.
- Ensure that all environmental risks are appropriately identified, communicated and effectively managed.
- Ensure environmental roles, responsibilities, accountabilities and delegated authorities are identified, documented, communicated and understood by all relevant personnel (as specified in Operating Management Procedures).
- Ensure Operating Management Procedures are implemented and kept up to date to meet the needs of the power plant.
- Prepare and issue new Procedures when required.
- Ensure that reports on environmental performance of the E&S management system are presented to top management for review and used as a basis for improvement of the E&S management system.
- Lead on the preparation of annual Lender Performance Reports on environmental aspects.
- Act on behalf of the Beni Suef Power Plant representing company interests associated with environmental performance, including working with the Social Development Officer for any community concerns.
- Conduct and review environmental accident and incident investigations and coordinate responses to environmental complaints and inquiries.
- Develop strong working relationships with regulatory authorities and stakeholders including collaborations with contractors for environmental management.
- Develop and deliver a high quality environmental audit/inspection program and ensure consistency in implementation across work-sites and work areas.
- Co-ordinate preventative and corrective actions from environmental audits/inspections where appropriate.
- Support the training department to deliver the required Environmental training for all operational employees, including site inductions.
- Develop and deliver training material as required.
- Lead workshops and training of internal site teams.
- Work with colleagues in Health, Safety and Social to ensure training is integrated to meet the needs of the power plant.
- Line manage direct reports assigned to the ESAP-EE including the Environmental Officer.
- Responsible for environmental budgets including capex for new equipment and Opex for environmental services such as noise monitoring where needed.
More information about the job:
- The job is related to the Ministry of Electricity.
About this Company
Premier Services & Recruitment is the first ISO (9001:2008) Certified Manpower Company in Egypt. Our specialty is to provide expert, reliable, and competent services by selecting qualified staff for employment in major companies throughout Egypt and the Middle East.
See all Careers and Jobs at Premier Services and Recruitment