- Experience Needed:
- 18 to 25 years
- Career Level:
- Senior Management (e.g. VP, CEO)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- This position encompasses both the provision of financial advice to the Board of Directors, together with assistance to the executive team in the formulation of Company strategy and objectives.
- These tasks encompasses the financial policy of the Company, the administration of financial reporting, financial control, taxation and treasury functions and the financial aspects of the external relations of the Company.
Competencies and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the business is performing to its maximum potential and achieving breakthrough targets while complying with all local statutory and reporting requirements and the company Ethics standards and Code of Conduct.
- Co-ordinates high quality project proposals including the key role of brand teams in data submission for current and new product introductions.
- Analyzes complex financial situations, and identifying alternative solutions which may be implemented with little or no disruption to the business while meeting legal requirements.
- Demonstrates high organizational awareness in order to ensure the best allocation of resources to achieve the targets agreed which will inevitably necessitate a high degree of prioritization. Behaves in a way which supports the organization’s goals , takes the lead in collaboration with the GM/CEO and the senior management to achieve these goals.
- Ensures that all budget holders are fully aware of their individual responsibilities and that they take full ownership of their financial targets/results. Also ensures that they understand the impact their achievement has on the total performance targets.
- Builds and nurtures a high performance culture through selection, coaching, counseling, and providing developmental opportunities. Reinforces the approach to leadership development, encourages reward and recognition, is attentive to succession planning needs , and effectively resolves difficult situations.
- Provides direction and expertise in all finance matters including controls, reporting, analysis, compliance and risk management.
- Builds and maintains strong relations with all key contacts within and outside the business, including distributors, business partners, financial institutions, external auditors, and local authorities so as to ensure that management decisions are taken in the context of balanced input.
- Sets out and implements the accounting policies for the company as appropriate in accordance with Egyptian Law and the company’s Accounting Policy.
- Sets up accounting and internal control procedures to ensure the proper recording of the transactions of the company and to safeguard its assets.
- Prepares and submits Statutory Financial Returns, including the Annual accounts, in compliance with the Egyptian regulations.
- Prepares, submits, and agrees on all tax returns to the authorities in consultation with advisors to the company.
- Sets up and implements reports and systems for the provision of financial information to the management of the company, including product costing, monthly accounting, financial planning, budgeting and financial appraisal of capital expenditure proposals and other management options.
- Prepares and submits periodic management accounting returns including Long Range Plan, Annual Budget, Monthly Financial Return, Capital Expenditure Reporting and Cash Flow Statements.
- Formulates funding policy and the management of the company’s cash resources and borrowing requirements.
- Provides pro-active, high quality financial information to enhance the decision-making process.