- Experience Needed:
- 1 to 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
GEEDS Software Engineer is responsible for one or more of the following:
- Develop Software for embedded systems in C
- Design and Develop Drivers for Microcontrollers
- Design and Develop Bootloaders Software
- Design and Develop AUTOSAR Standard Components
- Design and Develop Real time systems software components
- Design and Develop software component based on Real time operating systems
- Develop software for automotive communication technologies CAN, LIN, Flexray and Ethernet protocols
- Design, Configure and Integrate AUTOSAR components & COTS with Application components
- Develop software in Embedded Linux environment
- Develop software for Cyber Security
Junior/Standard Software Engineer responsibility is as the following:
- Develop and maintain software codes based on defined component requirements and component design
- Understand and analyze customer and design requirements to identify any gaps or missing information needed to perform development and testing activities
- Apply standard software guidelines including MISRA-C rules and Valeo naming rules
- Participate in high level design for the projects that have high reuse factor
- Design software components based on the high-level design requirements
- Configure the different software components according to the specified requirements
- Deliver and integrate the software component in overall software according to defined high level design
- Develop component/integration test plans and test cases to verify the correct functionality against the requirements and that software meets the customers’ and the high-level requirements
- Verify the software component functionalities in a defined HW target/platform
- Verify the software component performance indicators
- Execute static analysis tools and analyze the results
- Follow defined project processes and ensure process conformance
- Report work progress continuously through attendance of daily & weekly project internal meetings (Internal and external with other Valeo sites)
- Contribute effectively in the continuous improvement of his/her project, team, and work environment by submitting improvement proposals whenever possible
- Raise flags pro-actively for any issue that can impact his/her project or team
- Test cases planning & Execution of test plans
- Analyze executed test plans, and confirm that the software behavior respects the requirement documents.
- Perform technical reviews on software component design, code, and test
- Support his/her colleagues whenever required
- Report findings (SW Bugs) on the configuration management tool
- Prepare test reports
- Perform the responsibilities of the pervious technical level as per the projects need
- B.Sc. in Communication, Electronics or Computer Engineering.
- B.Sc. in Computer science.
GEEDS Engineer personal qualification:
- Eager to learn new technologies.
- Preferably Able to travel to Europe, USA, China & India.
- International mindset.
- Passion for writing quality code on embedded platforms.
- Strong attention to details and problem-solving skills.
- Out-of-the-box thinking.
- Staying focused and organized.
- Good communicator.
- Good at giving and receiving constructive criticism.
GEEDS Engineer technical qualification:
- Deep understanding of embedded systems concepts.
- Deep understanding of microcontroller architectures & peripherals.
- Embedded programming in C is a must.
- RTOS knowledge is a plus.
- Design patterns knowledge is a plus.
- CAN, Flex ray and Ethernet communication is a plus.
- AUTOSAR knowledge is a plus.
- Multi-core programming is a plus.
GEEDS Work Environment:
- Interesting, challenging work.
- Clear work expectations and frequent performance reviews.
- Everything you need to do your work right.
- An opportunity to do what you do best, every day.
- Low stress atmosphere and friendly, competent co-workers.
- Co-workers committed to support your mission for quality work.
- A management who cares about you as a person and helps you grow in your career.
- From 0 to 3 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent command of English language is a must.
About this Company
Valeo is an automotive supplier, partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technology company, Valeo proposes innovative products and systems that contribute to CO2 emissions reduction and improved vehicle performance, as well as to the development of intuitive driving. In...
See all Careers and Jobs at Valeo