- Experience Needed:
- 2 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Instructors have been selected based on their knowledge, experience, and superior language skills.
- Instructors will report directly to their course Supervisors, the Administration Coordinator and the Academic Coordinator.
- Instructors in the ELP may be assigned to teach at any of the levels in the program and typically teach two different levels in any given semester.
- In rare cases an instructor may be required to teach more than two levels if the schedule cannot be adjusted otherwise.
Role and responsibilities:
- Processing and evaluating assignments, quizzes and exams
- Holding office hours/conferencing with students
- Keeping student attendance records and reporting repeated absences
- Registering and revising grades
- Reporting cases of student misconduct or academic dishonesty to the Academic Coordinator
- Substituting for absent colleagues
- Evaluating presentations/Oral examinations
- Participating on committees for material preparation and curriculum development
- Proctoring for the Department and the University
- Completing academic / administrative tasks assigned by the department or University Administration (Control Office work, Placement Exams, Admissions)
Candidates for the position of ELP instructor will require the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts from a reputable university with minimum grade of ‘Good’
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Computer literacy with knowledge of: Word, Excel, Outlook express, and Internet browsers/software
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Teaching certificates and/or a Master’s degree in a relevant field is an asset.
About this Company
Since Misr International University was established, we have been committed to academic distinction and quality education. Looking back at the past years, I am filled with pride at the university’s achievements & continuous pursuit of intellectual, professional & creative...
See all Careers and Jobs at MIU