- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
We are looking for an editor, with a good sense of what makes an interesting angle to a story, to juggle all the moving parts of publications. You will plan, coordinate, review and edit content.
The successful candidate will be able to decide which ideas should be pursued and which should get dropped in order to meet quality and accuracy standards. The goal is to provide exceptional, informative and engaging content.
- Coordinate online or print publishing cycle and manage content areas
- Set publication standards and establish goals and expectations
- Suggest stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with targeted audience’s preferences
- Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors
- Proofread, edit and improve stories or pieces
- Recruit and manage writers and reporters
- Cooperate and liaise with designers, photographers, advertising reps, writers, etc.
- Comply with media law and ethical guidelines
- Meet deadlines and budget requirements