- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Females Preferred
About the Job
The duties and responsibilities of a Teacher shall include the following:
- To teach and educate students, according to guidelines provided by the curriculum Framework, under the overall guidance of the Principal or Assistant Principal.
- To teach and educate students according to the educational needs, abilities and attainment potential of individual students entrusted to his/her care by the Principal/Assistant Principal.
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class.
- Teaching according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of the individual students and groups of students.
- Adopting and working towards the implementation of the school development plan.
- Assigning work, correcting and marking work carried out by his/her students.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress, attainment and behavior of one’s students.
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students or groups of students.
- Participating in arrangements within an agreed framework for the appraisal of students’ performance;
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students, groups of students or class entrusted to him/her;
- Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers; providing information on sources of more expert advice.
- Communicating, consulting and co-operating with other members of the school staff, including those having posts of special responsibility and parents/guardians to ensure the best interest of students.
- Reviewing and evaluating one’s own teaching and learning strategies, methodologies and program/s in line with the Curriculum Framework guidelines.
- Advising and co-operating with the Principal, Assistant Principal, Heads of Department, Education Officers, and other teachers, in the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programs, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral care arrangements.
- Ensuring high standards of professional practice and quality of teaching and learning of the subject/s. Through effective dialogue, participating in reciprocal peer review and observation of class teaching practice by the Head of Department (subject/level) concerned.
- Participating in In-Service education and training courses as well as in continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities, and taking part in action research exercises.
- Maintaining good order and discipline amongst students under one’s care and safeguarding their health and safety at all times.
- Participating in staff, group or other meetings related to the school curriculum or pastoral care arrangements, for the better organization and administration of the school.
- Contributing to the professional development of new teachers and student teachers according to arrangements agreed with the Principal.
- Providing the necessary information and advice to the designated personnel in the school and to provide all the necessary information regarding requisitions and arrangements in connection with the teaching of the subject/s assigned to him/her.
- Ensuring the safe custody and optimum use of equipment normally used by oneself during lessons and sees to its regular servicing and maintenance.
- Participating in school assemblies.
- Registering and monitoring the attendance of students under one’s care.
- Sharing in any possible and reasonable way in the effective management, organization, order and discipline of the school.
- Nurtures a culture where teachers view themselves essentially as facilitators of learning.
About this Company
We believe that all students can learn to their fullest potential when nurtured in the right environment. We strive to develop knowledgeable and inquiring individuals who are globally minded, yet retain their own Eastern roots and morals. Our graduates will be responsible...
See all Careers and Jobs at Virginia International School