- Experience Needed:
- 2 to 4 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
- Males Preferred
About the Job
- Specific duties vary, depending on the industry in which the specialists work.
- No matter which industry they work in, the main objective of all quality control specialists is to test the product for its intended use and make sure it performs up to the manufacturer's specifications.
- Most specialists have the authority to accept or reject products as necessary.
- They usually keep a record of problems they find and may send defective products back for repair.
- In some industries, inspectors may have to repair the products themselves to determine the problems in the manufacturing process.
- Some specialists conduct controlled testing on products to determine how the products perform in a simulated environment.
- Almost all quality control specialists use some type of instrumentation to perform their jobs.
- Quality control workers may weigh or measure finished products.
- Some specialists may be required to measure fluid levels, check lubrication, inspect workmanship, or gauge product durability.
- Those working in the food industry may be required to sample products to determine quality.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- Responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimize quality costs and maximize customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Ensure incoming materials meet required quality standards.
- Responsible for identifying and raising quality issues and for speedily resolving them to ensure zero impact to the customer.
- Support new product introductions to ensure the robustness of product builds.
- Work in a team environment to develop and implement best practices that emphasise defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements.
- Manage the customer specific requirements and offer technical support.
- Responsible for multiple highly complex major projects requiring innovative original solutions where results are key to successful completion of major projects.
- Work mostly independently with minimal supervision and work is reviewed at project milestones and/or on completion by Senior Management.
General and Task Management
- Manage all quality-related issues within the manufacturing team (e.g. internal, supplier, customer and customer warranty)
- Identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective actions for product quality issues
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards
- Carry out product and process auditing
- Ensure control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained
- Monitor and report on quality-related key performance indicators including scrap monitoring, rework levels, parts per million (PPM) figures
- Stop production in the event of manufacture of unacceptable goods/processes
- Write product test procedures
- Undertake special projects as required
- Assist with training of quality awareness
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
- Assist with first off sample approvals
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma, (Error Proofing), and Measurement System Analysis
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
- Manage the Supplier Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Manage and coordinate customer PPM (Parts per Million), supplier PPM, supplier problem solving on time, cost recovery and supplier warranty indicators
- Lead quality audits
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends that concern product quality
- Undertake special projects as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Quality control of work by appropriate reviews
- Support and lead process improvement activities
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to clients
- Achieve goals within budget
- Conduct bench marking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends
- Plan projects or sub tasks so they may be tracked and presented
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
Experience and Qualifications :
- Experience required in product quality role (min 2 years)
- Preferably experienced in quality role within FMCG
- Experience in process validation desirable
- Ability to communicate and work with people inside and outside the business as necessary to execute your responsibilities
- Self motivated with capable decision making ability
- Work independently and is reviewed infrequently with minimal supervision
- Self-supervising within the guidance and expectations of divisional management
- Knowledge of quality measurement
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Knowledge of TS16949 and ISO9000
- Understanding of ISO14001 and Health and Safety practices
- Understanding of engineering drawing sand manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Planning and prioritizing activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to present data effectively
- Problem-solving skills
- Team working skills
- Analytical skills
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts
About this Company
Prego is a company operating by high standard in fast food.
See all Careers and Jobs at Prego
Prego was Founded in 1997, working in restaurants (fast food) industry and the aim is to provide the taste of a unique product and different from what competitors offer and always aim to achieve a difficult...