- Experience Needed:
- More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
This is an exciting opening for a motivated business professional with a strong experience in Project Management and related disciplines to co-lead our dynamic consulting team. This role typically includes day to day exposure to a diverse range of clients and industries in a progressive, challenging and supportive environment.
As a Sr. Project Manager you are expected to highly manage a diverse portfolio of clients and play a leadership role in the development of the PMO unit. This is a key role with world-class expectations to make a real impact during an exciting expansion phase of the business.
This is an opportunity to join a leading risk management consultancy firm, providing top notch end-to-end Project Management solutions to a diverse client base, in a demanding market dynamics.
The following are the expected activities of a Sr. Project Manager
Project /Practice Management
- Creates and executes project plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Manages project budget.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Analyzes project profitability, and utilization.
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Accurately forecasts profitability, and utilization.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Identifies business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping and LOE assessments.
- Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of enterprise risk management, business continuity management, and crisis management.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of our capabilities.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring, when possible, that project tasks are in line with each Innovator's career interests.
- Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Plans and facilitates regular team activities outside of the office.
The successful candidate is expected to have:
- Extensive project management experience
- Experience working in a PMO with a formal established framework
- Excellent Microsoft Project skills
- Exemplary communication skills, written and oral
- Experienced in operating in a matrix-management structure
- Good financial analysis skills, including budget preparation and tracking
- Demonstrable presentation and influencing skills
- Current Project Management Certificate is a must
- Prince2 is a great Plus
- Microsoft Project Server skills
- Experience of working across time zones and cultures
- Effective use of Visio and SharePoint
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong technical skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong team skills
- History of on-time, quality delivery
- Knowledge of cost analysis
- Ability to lead teams and strong leadership skills
- Experience running large global projects
- Knowledge of foreign languages
- Strong management resource allocation skills
- Vendor management skills
- Cultural tolerance
- Unrestricted ability to travel
About this Company
PROXC Consulting is recognized as one of the trusted advisors to many business leaders, governments, and institutions in the field of management consulting.
See all Careers and Jobs at PROXC Consulting Ltd.
We help our clients make distinctive, lasting, and significant improvements to the performance of their...