This job is closed
or expired and is no longer open for applications
- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Arabic, English, French
- Travel Frequency:
- Up to 100% travel
About the Job
- As a specialized nurse you may be asked to take part in organizing a mass vaccination initiative or in triaging an influx of displaced people fleeing conflict. You may run a program to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV, operate a feeding center, or be called upon to initiate a training program for local medical staff.
- Additional tasks may include hospital organization, oversight of hygiene measures, management of drug stocks, data collection, and contact with local authorities.
- During your MSF assignment, direct patient care may be limited, while a significant responsibility will be the training, supervising, and managing nursing staff or community health providers. At the same time, your mission will be a learning experience as you gain knowledge from local health workers’ management of medical conditions.
- The main purpose is to plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning his/her field of action (Nursery, laboratory, midwifery, anesthesiology) and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
- Among the fields of activity in which you as a nurse can be asked to work are: primary health care, vaccination campaigns, emergency feeding programs, epidemics, specific projects (AIDS, tuberculosis, etc.) and collection as well as analysis of epidemiological data. Most nurse positions offered by MSF involve management of a team: organization and training of national health staff.
- In a hospital you can be asked to work within different services: pediatrics, internal medicine, operating room. You ensure respect of hospital hygiene; follow up of sterilization rules, and good management of the pharmacy.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to his/her specialty, i.e. perform as a nurse, midwife, laboratory technician and anesthetist, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her specialty.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the ( decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.) in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
- Give feedback/ reports to medical focal point. Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents (check identity of patient and his/her consent for the operation, fill in patients files, forms, statistics, quantitative surgical data collection, etc.), and report any problematic situations and cases arising, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity and ensuring proper transfer of information.
- Participate in data and reporting.
- Intervene in support of other services whenever needed and work particularly in close collaboration with the accident, emergency department and with obstetrics
- BS in Nursing
- Specialization in emergency room and intensive care, pediatrics, operating theater, infection control or hospital management is a plus
- Work license
- Medical ethics,
- Cultural sensitivity,
- Openness and flexibility,
- Ability to live and work as a team,
- Ability to manage stress,
- Availability: MSF requires a minimum of a 2 years commitment.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience.
- Arabic, English and/or French.
About this Company
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / أطباء بلا حدود is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people in 70 countries who are affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers...
See all Careers and Jobs at Médecins sans Frontières / أطباء بلا حدود - International field work