- Experience Needed:
More than 6 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Freelance / Project
About the Job
Postharvest Consultancy assignment of the project value chain is critical toward the overall success of the Feed the Future Egypt Rural Agribusiness Strengthening Project. The project value chains include Dates, Grapes, Mangoes, Pomegranates and Strawberries. The consultant will work alongside key project staff, including the Production Post-Harvest (PPH) Team Leader, Post-harvest Lead, Local Technical Trainers, and field coordinators, to implement a postharvest training curriculum that address critical weaknesses amongst smallholder farmers, producer organizations (POs), University graduates, agricultural technical students (ATS) students, operators, packhouse managers, service providers and logistics companies. The consultant will be required to make several trips to the field for farm visits in different governorates in Upper Egypt and Delta.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop optimum postharvest training tools (PowerPoint presentations, videos or narrated PowerPoints, instrument demonstrations, field visits) for different sectors that describe the best postharvest practices for the project value chains via a comprehensive program that includes all handling stages starting from harvesting up to reaching end consumers through field visits to Upper Egypt and the Delta.
- Implementing technical training program for smallholder farmers, POs, University graduates, ATS students, operators, packhouse managers, service providers and logistics companies.
- Follow up for the different sectors (smallholder farmers, POs, University graduates, ATS students, operators, packhouse managers, service providers and logistics companies) to ensure good postharvest practices through meetings that involve related parties.
- Identify and resolve any field issue as requested by postharvest lead.
- Written report on results of different training tasks outcomes.
- Written report on results of technical assistance visits.
More than 6 years
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Experience implementing training of trainers.
- Advanced relevant degree
- Expertise related to Post-harvest, packaing, and cold chain practices.
- Previous work experience in development project with small farmers is preferable.
- Experience developing training programs/curriculums