- Experience Needed:
More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Main Purpose of Job: Lead the quality assurance team and ensure that the QA team engineers are on the right track all the way in the project/product, resolving conflicts across team, review the schedules and plans, mitigation of the risks, checking quality in phases, update management, build a challenging and motivation environment.
- Participate in business requirements reviews and work with business analysts/developers to fully test application/system changes.
- Testing new and updated systems for bugs and other issues.
- Scope the required tests.
- Estimate the test effort and team.
- Check the status of each assigned task daily and resolve any issues faced the team members with their tasks.
- Ensure that each team member is optimally occupied with work (i.e. each QA Engineer should not be too overloaded or too idle).
- Escalate and obtain resolution of the issues related to the test environment and team.
- Plan, organize and lead team meetings and ensure action is taken based on the team discussions.
- Provide feedback to the development team and ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and the quality requirements.
- Sending clear status to the QA Manager and Project Management.
- Have team meetings at appropriate time to understand & review the current risks and motivate team to resolve the same.
- Provide advice on how processes and procedures may be improved to promote quality assurance and control on future system implementations.
- Provides resolutions to extensive range of complicated problems.
More than 7 years
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of software testing principles, testing processes and methodologies.
- Attentive to detail, highly organized and able to multi-task.
- Experience in testing Desktop Applications, Mobile Applications and Web Applications.
- Familiarity with the principles of technical design and programming, both OOP and procedural.
- Excellent communication skills and adept in reporting test status on timely basis to QA Manager, Project Manager and Head of R&D.
- Works under limited direction.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of databases (SQL Server, Oracle etc.), structured query language and stored procedure.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 7+ years of QA and SW testing experience
- 1+ year as lead QA, managing teams of 4+ testers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project and time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems and meet deadlines
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English
About this Company
With six offices and over 100 employees worldwide, G2K is an experienced data-driven software and technology provider for enhanced security, higher customer satisfaction, better reputation and increased revenues.
See all Careers and Jobs at Caelum Middle East