- Experience Needed:
3 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Profile: The Night Manager is the Manager on Duty and responsible for all hotel operations during overnight shift hours, focusing on Front Office operations, night audit, guest and hotel safety/security ensuring a professional and high quality service at all time.
- Manage, plan and control the Night team to ensure a standard of service and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed.
- Ensure the smooth running of the hotel at nights by making sure that staffing levels are at the optimum and that they perform tasks assigned to them • Deliver excellent customer service
- Manage all night staff accordingly • Recruit staff when required in liaison with the General Manager.
- Provide an efficient and courteous information service for guests, knowledge of all company promotions and hotel pricing, to provide information to guests as required
- Oversee/alter reservations for theater, trip/tour, restaurants, car hire, flights etc. for guests.
- Serve food and beverage to resident guests at night if so requested by management, observing correct service and cash/charge procedures.
- Adherence to Company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Cover switchboard if requested by management ensure telephones are answered in a speedy and professional manner with an appropriate greeting.
- Ensure the banqueting rooms are set and fully serviced for the next day’s business and ensure all meeting rooms are cleaned and vacuumed nightly.
- Oversee the general upkeep of public areas, i.e. toilets, main foyer and porch and all lighting levels for same. Lobby area to be hovered every night in preparation for next day’s business.
- Liaise with all other departments on the special requirements of large groups or individuals and follow through, e.g. morning paper delivery, placing gifts in rooms, group departure times etc.
- Actively participate in any training and personnel exercises and remain current in all updates with regards to new procedures designed to improve standards and performance levels.
- Deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner ensuring guest satisfaction at all times
- Upkeep of the equal opportunities policy to ensure that there is a neutral working environment
- Work in accordance with standard procedures within each department
- Keep staff/work areas tidy, safe and report any hazard, accident, loss or damage to management and observe all requirements under Health & Safety at Work act
3 to 5 years
Experience / Qualifications Essential:
- Hotels background is A must
- Experience as a Night Manager Role within the Hospitality Industry
- Good Communication and Written Skills
- Excellent Leadership Skills
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a Team
- Customer Service Skills
- High Level of IT Proficiency
- Proven Experience with Front Office Management Systems Desirable: Hospitality Diploma / Degree
About this Company
EFS Facilities Services is a regional leader in delivering integrated facilities management services across the Middle East, Africa, South Asia and Turkey. EFS has been accredited for over 16 years in providing quality services to some of the biggest regional names including...
See all Careers and Jobs at EFS