- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or similar field required.
Skills and Experience:
- 6 to 7 years of directly relevant experience required, preferably working for an international organization or agency;
- Demonstrated ability to work with different teams, including local project staff, international staff, consultants, and government officials;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills in Arabic and English required, strong visual design skills;
- Strong proficiency in the use of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Acrobat;
- Ability to establish contacts with local and national media (newspapers, television, radio, etc.);
- Experienced in social media platforms for projects, organizations and / or businesses, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube;
- Experience in photography preferred;
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred;
- Knowledge of the Egyptian education sector preferred.
Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
About this Company
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
See all Careers and Jobs at Education Development Center (EDC)