- Experience Needed:
More than 4 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
About the Job
Maintain the Information Technology environment by identifying systems requirements, installing upgrades and monitoring systems performance.
- Implement, support, troubleshoot and migrate server virtualization environments on VMWare vSphere 5.x and 6.x.
- Utilize VMWare vRealize Operations Manager 6.x for monitoring, maintaining and capacity planning of VMWare server virtualization environments.
- Responsible for data replication between sites using EMC2 Recover Point and VMware replication.
- Analyze, plan, design, and implement storage solutions to be used in multiple virtual and physical datacenters.
- Create and update storage systems documentation to include high-level architecture, procedures and metrics.
- Deploy Windows/Linux operating systems to either hardware or virtual servers.
- Maintain physical servers’ hardware components and their firmware.
- Implement and troubleshoot Microsoft cluster services especially SQL and File share.
- Engage in periodic services disaster recovery drills.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new or changing systems based on corporate requirements.
- Ensure proper systems standards through: capacity planning, performance and health monitoring, and follow best practices.
- Develop technical and end user documentation related to systems and contact center solutions to provide a reliable reference for other team members.
- Proactively eliminate potential risks.
- Engage in periodic services disaster recovery drills to ensure that all applications are up-to-date.
- Respond to and resolve production incidents promptly and effectively.
- Assist other infrastructure/development teams in resolving issues.
- Provide L3 support for local and regional operations teams.
More than 4 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in maintaining and implementing information technology systems.
- Hands-on experience in virtualization concepts, features and solutions especially VMware.
- Experience in storage approaches including SAN, NAS and iSCSI using different storage providers like EMC2, IBM and HP.
- Very good knowledge of windows server OS and performance tuning.
- Solid experience in physical server components and architecture of Lenovo and Cisco UCS environments.
- Very good knowledge of new hardware techniques like converged and hyper-converged infrastructure.
- Excellent understanding and troubleshooting skills of Microsoft cluster services.
- Good knowledge of cloud service providers especially Microsoft Azure cloud services.
- Good understanding of networking concepts including TCP/IP, Subnetting, Routing, DHCP, and DNS.
- Good command of Arabic and English.
- Good communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Able to build partnerships and work well in teams.
- Can identify, recommend and implement solutions for problems. Capable of making timely decisions and anticipating consequences.
- Ensure deliverables are always of high quality.
- Strong presentation skills.
The following are a plus:
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory environments including directory service, group policy management, etc.
- Experience in Microsoft System Center products especially Operations Manager, Configurations Manager and Service Manager
- Experience in NTFS and sharing permissions.
- Experience in handling printer servers and printer drivers.
- Experience in SQL Server 2008/2012/2014.
- Scripting techniques like windows PowerShell and VMWare.
About this Company
EFG Hermes, the leading investment bank in the Arab world, draws on 30 years of experience to serve as the preeminent investment bank in the region, providing a wide spectrum of financial services including Investment Banking, Asset Management, Securities Brokerage, Research...
See all Careers and Jobs at EFG Hermes