- Experience Needed:
- More than 6 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The opportunity EY has an established industry leading Valuation and Modelling and Economics practice. We advise our clients in addressing their strategic planning, transaction and non-transaction related decision making process including strategic planning, identification and assessment of value creation, financial reporting, market valuation for transactional purpose, feasibility assessments etc.. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities As a Manager within Valuation Modelling and Economics team in MENA and based in Egypt, you are likely to spend your day-to-day working on commercial issues, working with management on parts of the acquisition process or transformation plans and regularly undertake valuations for strategic priorities. You will be a key point of contact for the clients, and will also have a vital role in coaching and developing junior members of the team. As a Manager, you will ensure quality deliverables through the supervision of analysts and consultant, and managing engagements. In addition, you will have an important role supporting Directors/Partners in business development initiatives.
More than 6 years
Not Specified at least
Accounting and Auditing Services
Skills and attributes for success
- Strategic – you will help clients identifying source of value creation and quantifying it. You will need to have a solution-oriented mind-set to act as a truly Corporate Finance advisor to leverage on EY capabilities and assist clients in solving their issues and unlocking potential for value growth.
- Commercial – as part of the team you will regularly advise businesses on valuations issues with regards to acquisition, divestitures or restructuring and provide fairness opinions on transactions and restructurings;
- Regulatory and Accounting –you will work with management as part of an acquisition process to understand how the value of acquired intangible and financial assets will impact accounting requirements, provide fair value opinion for financial reporting purpose;
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting or business and at least 6 years of related business valuation work experience or within the corporate finance spectrum.
- Solution driven individual and “out-of-comfort” zone thinker with demonstrated record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects
- Autonomous with demonstrated experience in handling and developing clients’ relationship, proactive in reporting to Director/Partner
- Previous business valuation, capital allocation, portfolio optimization, feasibility assessment experience
- Strong report writing and presentation skills.
- Financial modelling skills including experience building models from scratch as well as modelling reviews.
- Broad understanding of IFRS standards related to fair value measurements, business combination, impairment testing etc.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Previous valuation and corporate finance experience in professional services/Big 4 Firm or top tier investment banks
- Previous experience in coaching teams of junior and senior staff
- Financial modelling experience
- Achievement of or significant progress towards a CFA or an MBA in finance from a recognized provider.
- Willingness to travel in the MENA region
- Arabic fluency is a plus.
About this Company
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative...
See all Careers and Jobs at Ernst & Young