- Experience Needed:
2 to 4 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Senior Database Administrator has the responsibility of administering, monitoring, and troubleshooting a 24x7 production environment database servers and associated infrastructure. The Senior Database Administrator will work with other team members to ensure 100% uptime, plan future capacity requirements, maintain security, and apply updates.
- Monitoring the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- Resolving technical issues related to SQL server and other databases.
- Performing ongoing performance tuning of databases.
- Providing trend analysis to the service management team enabling them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Analyzing and resolving performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, always on , cluster , log shipping ,Mirroring.
- Monitoring and reporting on resource intensive applications and suggest ways to improve performance.
- Reviewing system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Delivering SQL related components for approved projects on time and with high quality.
- Completing routine requests for changes/modifications/additions to SQL Servers.
- Implementing service packs and cumulative updates.
- Ensuring all database servers are managed to Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Configuring SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms.
- Determining the most effective way to increase performance, including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes.
2 to 4 years
Not Specified at least
Information Technology Services
About this Company
Founded in 1996, with one goal on mind to be your technology partner. Focusing on providing the best technical solutions that meets your requirements and enhancing your business. LDC use a consultative approach to evaluate your business and technology needs and advise on the...
See all Careers and Jobs at Link Datacenter