Technology and Engineering Skills
- Ability to start and investigate issues out with specialist or familiar technical area with no or minimal assistance
- Ability to research problems with no known solutions and design solutions for identified problems
- Comprehend and apply engineering concepts in a support environment.
- Ability to understand the engineering processes, principles, methods, and techniques
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent work experience in a software discipline
- Technical knowledge of Self Service Software
- Working knowledge of Self Service Hardware
Problem Solving/Decision Making
A clear and logical approach that demonstrates the ability to make good decisions and judgments
- Good communications skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to adapt to different audience levels
- Have the capability of working in teams and independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to take an overview of entire system to guide the problem investigation process
- Display leadership characteristics to direct the technical direction of the investigation.
- A keen learner who is ready to develop skills that demonstrate good judgement when analysing details as part of a technical investigation.
- Exhibit good analytic skills and the ability to grow these skills.
- Show a practical and enthusiastic approach to recreate [problems in a lab environment and record any relevant details.
- Display management skills to drive technical investigations where multiple specialist resources are investigating whilst maintaining a clear overall visibility of the combination of technical components
Specific skills and competencies for Financial Deep Level Support
- Providing deep level support on all standard NCR released software products. Characterising issues and isolating the problem to specific product and component level but may require assistance
- Have overall systems knowledge.
- Require to own and drive complex technical incidents through to satisfactory conclusion for the customer and taking lead of the technical direction of investigation.
- Have the technical acumen and complete solutions knowledge to extract and request relevant details as part of investigation.
- Ability to analyse relevant logs and tracing and extract relevant details and understand the relationship of the details across different products.
- Ability to communicate complex and detailed points to relevant audiences.
- Display leadership skills to manage and drive incidents where multiple and cross-functional resources are investigating.
- Require to document investigation details and path clearly and concisely.
- Ability to see relevant patterns or characteristics to an issue.
To be considered for this role the candidate must possess the following level of education and experience –
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in a discipline related to the product technology - usually computer engineering, or computer science
- Minimum of 5 years’ software related job experience (support/development)
- Networking/Communications knowledge
- Client/Server technologies
About this Company
At NCR, we know digital has completely changed how brands compete. To differentiate and win more business, having a digital-first mindset is key—even for physical locations—it’s the way to meet consumers in every moment and transform transactions into meaningful...
See all Careers and Jobs at NCR Corporation