- Experience Needed:
More than 8 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- The IT vendor contract manager is responsible for managing the contract life cycle, which includes changes and modifications and the enforcement of performance clauses, including incentives and remedies.
- The IT vendor contract manager acts as the key contact and subject matter expert for all contract-related and tender activities.
- This includes assisting with negotiating contract terms, conditions, modifications, incentives and remedies, while working with key stakeholders to ensure that their requirements are met.
- Additionally, this position manages the contract execution process, resolving problems, mitigating delays, assisting with audits, mediating disputes and escalating issues
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Manage the IT support contracts and service, to ensure quality, best value for money
- Act as the first point of escalation for IT issues with IT service providers, providing communication to all stakeholders and managing the supplier to ensure a timely solution
- Develop an ongoing IT strategy to ensure continuity of systems with a strong link into budget planning including hardware, software, infrastructure, network connectivity, PC set up, mobile technologies, website delivery, telephone system integration, printing
- Support the Head of IT Procurement and Contract Management to review, revise, implement and negotiate IT contracts, specifying and conducting commercial tenders and other procurement activities as needed
- Reduce cost by optimizing or renegotiating the contracts
- Establish contract management objectives, procedures, templates and workflow processes for vendor contracts and deliverable schedules. Maintain a contract management database that contains all executed contracts, as well as contracts that are under development but are not yet active. Moreover, track obligations, deliverables and contract change notes. Manage and control access to documents as appropriate.
- Manage contract review meetings to ensure delivery against objectives and contract budgets. Develop regular reports on contract milestones, execution and risk, and inform internal customers, vendors and management of activities and progress through regular written and verbal communication.
- Work with Product Owners/Managers in negotiating license reductions/increases as necessary due to usage
- Understand relevant market trends and vendors. Track, gather and analyze market and industry data.
More than 8 years
PERSON SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
- University degree in Computer Science/IT or equivalent
- Eight years of relevant Information Technology experience in a medium to large system installation
- Proven vendor relationship skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and determine priorities to meet deadlines
- Pro-active and aggressive; self-starter, able to work using own initiative with minimal supervision managing numerous concurrent tasks
Job-Specific/Technical Skills required to complete the tasks:
- Expertise in contract management, especially in contract negotiations.
- Excellent knowledge of how software usage supports business functions and processes.
- Superior awareness and understanding of relevant industry trends and issues, as well as vendor organizations and business practices within the field of software license management and compliance.
- Proficient understanding of financial concepts and practices as they relate to software license and contract management.
- Fundamental knowledge of inventory management processes and techniques.
- Proficient with the MS Office Suite of tools, especially Word and Excel.
- Experience working with all key departments (security, compliance, finance, tax, AP, legal and procurement), and knowledge of procurement and vendor management practices and certifications (CIPS, ITIL and COBIT) Proficient
- Working knowledge of asset management databases technologies and Service Management tools, i.e. Remedy Force
- Reporting and query abilities are a requirement.
- Working knowledge of process mapping, reporting tools and techniques
About this Company
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles.
See all Careers and Jobs at Al-Futtaim
Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the...