- Experience Needed:
More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As an Azure Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver solutions using Azure suite. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
- Work with client's key Business and IT stakeholders as well as C-level executives to demonstrate IBM's Journey to Cloud proposition
- Understand client's business and technology strategy, and translate that into a client specific Cloud PoV
- Architect cloud solutions and participate in cloud adoption, modernization and migration strategies for our clients.
- Perform current application portfolio assessment, determine workload treatment paths, and recommend the target solution architecture of a hybrid cloud environment
- Develop compelling solutions and proposals that differentiate IBM methodology and architecture and positions IBM as the multi cloud partner
- Identify and deliver proof of concept or minimum viable product to create immediate client impact
- Work with a global/virtual teams to collaborate and deliver the best in class products to our clients
- Design and help develop Azure cloud applications that meets and surpasses the client expectations
More than 10 years
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 15+ years experienced of overall solution architecture experience in complex environments.
- 10+ years demonstrable experience using cloud development platforms from multiple cloud vendors
- 5+ large scale end to end projects in AWS. At least one large scale migration experience in a Bank.
- 2+ large scale end to end projects in MultiCloud and Hybrid environment with 2+ Public Cloud vendors (preferably AWS and Azure).
- Proven background with containerization and container management
- Extensive experience architecting and developing cloud applications for AWS
- Certified in AWS Architecture (Preferably Professional)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Deep knowledge and understanding of AWS PaaS and IaaS features
- Hands on experience on designing and developing services on AWS (Web Apps, Mobile Apps, APIs)
- Experience in design of solutions using AWS object storage services like DB, Tables, Files and Blobs
- Microservice design and development on AWS using Container Service and Service Fabric
- Hands on experience of executing cloud native projects in AWS with DevOps using AWS as well as Open Source Tools
- Experience in securing the applications on AWS (PaaS, IaaS etc)
- Experience of migrating workload to AWS from private cloud, other clouds or on-prem infrastructure of customers
About this Company
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), incorporated on June 16, 1911, is a technology company. The Company operates through five segments: Cognitive Solutions, Global Business Services (GBS), Technology Services & Cloud Platforms, Systems and Global Financing.
See all Careers and Jobs at IBM