- Experience Needed:
- 2 to 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Data has been at the heart of the insurance industry for many years and the amount being generated daily is growing exponentially. A huge opportunity exists to create massive disruption to the insurance model due to technology improvements, which allows us to uncover greater insights.
- The AI CoE will create an environment to contribute and develop skills at the cutting edge of technology. Artificial Intelligence (AI) - Machine learning is one of the skill sets that Vodafone continues to grow.
- You will be responsible for researching, designing, and building systems through the implementation of supervised and unsupervised machine-learning techniques.
- Technologies and methodologies applied will include machine learning, information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, and vision processing technologies.
- Incumbents will work both individually and with different teams to envision and realize cutting-edge ideas through rapid prototyping, development and deployment. Teams will work on business problems and Proof of Concepts to help determine which opportunities to pursue further and share these findings to assist Vodafone’s future product development.
- The AI CoE is seeking a talented, forward thinking, hands-on Data scientist to join a team with sold software engineering background of knowledgeable technical professionals to research, pilot and deploy predictive modeling algorithms and develop tools that utilize machine learning to help make business decisions and automation.
- The Data scientist will partner with the business to identify opportunities in the use of data to solve business problems through the use of machine learning models and also explore integrating internal and external data pipelines to improve the models and results.
- The Data scientist will work on projects of varying levels of complexity and will start with mentoring and development support to help expand and enhance required skills and knowledge to ensure success in this role with a team working on cutting edge technology.
- The ideal candidate will own Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence technical engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Pilots.
- Understand business problems/opportunities and recommend an approach, translate it into technical requirements, including proper data attributes that can contribute to delivering a viable solution using AI/ML.
- Answer complex analytic questions using different big data tools. Design & Implement Real-time / data streaming for decision automation & embedded analytics.
- Always challenge the status quo, continually investigate, and contribute to the data science community to seek and ensure the designated platform follows industry best practices. Share and collaborate with peer data scientists, Big Data engineers to maintain best-practice for AI/ML and cloud platform technologies by innovating and incubating emerging technologies. Oversee/manage junior team member’s work.
- Manage your activities, scope and timelines on the projects with minimum supervision.
- Work with development teams & business groups to ensure models can be implemented as part of a delivered solution replicable across many clients.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the field by continuous learning and proactively champion promising new methods relevant to the problems at hand.
- Ability to explain and present results to customers and executive stakeholders.
2 to 3 years
Not Specified at least
Information Technology Services
About this Company
We are one of the world's largest telecommunications companies providing a wide range of services including voice, messaging and data across mobile and fixed networks.
See all Careers and Jobs at Vodafone