- Experience Needed:
More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Sr. Bids Manager - Facilities Management is responsible to lead excellence in winning various jobs in relations to Facilties Management while work on improve diversification, customer base. The job holder is also responsible for directing company-wide estimating & tendering and all associated activities related to tender preparation and submittal. The incumbent is expected to be expert in preparing costs estimation with the objective of reducing costs and maximizing Al Futtaim Engineering Facilties Management sales gross margins. Managing deviance from the actual and targets set during the periodic P&L review meetings while assisting in compiling of tenders. The role holder plays a key role to meet and enhance the customer requirement in line with the company’s policy and objective and plays a key role in work winning activities.
- Full accountability of profitable submission / proposals to the relevant stakeholders.
- Optimize management of resources to maintain productiveness and effectiveness in all possible aspects in order to reach cost efficiency during tenders’ preparation.
- Comparison Studies based on suppliers Quotations.
- Establish and implement “best practices” and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Evaluate tender documents from a technical point of view in order to identify risk factors, ensuring that technical terms comply with the relevant standards for the overall risk assessment and bid decision Managing and prioritizing workload of daily operations
- Based on Clients budget constraints for any specific project, carrying out value engineering studies.
Administration & Quality Management
- Review and finalizes cost estimates proposal with the relevant team in terms of the required material as per bill of quantities, amount of work, material/ equipment/ and manpower requirements during the tendering phase.
- Finalize estimation of all direct and indirect FM projects costs and consolidates tender documents for management review and approval.
- Developing case studies, client profiles analysis and other evaluates related to subcontractor and vendor proposals.
- Supporting documentation that showcases AFE FM capability.
- Ensure historical data is documented and archived on each quoted project.
- Maintain databases of standard material costs and various market pricing models.
- Generate weekly tender status reports highlighting progress on concerned tenders.
- Prepare and generates monthly progress reports highlighting tender wins/ losses (indicating reasons) for review and verification of management.
- Proactively manage the renewal of all existing contracts.
Communication and Stakeholders Management
- Proactive Participation in pre-bid meetings and corporate/client presentation meetings as required.
- Provide all the necessary project clarifications/ information upon project award to the Project Manager as per the project budget; advise the Project Manager on contractual rights, remedies which has been taken into consideration during tendering.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide all necessary documentation during prequalification stages.
- Negotiating with suppliers on both technical and commercial aspects of products.
- Negotiating tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs.
- Negotiate potential contract adaptations or extensions when needed.
- Negotiates and finalises contract terms in line with prevailing Budgets, Delegation of Authority (DOA) and any other conditions required by the business.
Achieve Sales / Estimation Targets
- Achieve sales / Estimation targets set by the management.
- Generate business opportunities and RFP’s through customer contact to meet company’s business plans and growth strategies.
- Track and report current status of potential projects, markets, Customer news, and developments.
- Lead t
More than 7 years
About this Company
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles.
See all Careers and Jobs at Al-Futtaim
Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the...