- Experience Needed:
More than 4 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Provision of cost management, measurement and variation evaluation services, selection and appointment of Consultants & Contractors processing payments and administration of Agreements and Contracts within approved Financial Limits & Terms and Conditions
- Supporting, as directed by line manager in provision of Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management Services for a portfolio of works or single large project.
- Providing commercial advice to the AFGRE Team.
- Advising Development Management on procurement of projects and consultancy services to meet time, quality and cost requirements of the development plan.
- Providing commercial advice to Design Management and Development Divisions to ensure in all respects that risk is minimized, best value is achieved and to maximize the return in investment on projects developed.
- Assisting in the preparation of project development feasibility studies and presentations prepared by the development team.
- To use standard form contracts, in review with Group legal and Contract Management Division, in production of consultant and contractor agreements, and agreements of purchase.
- To report on portfolio costs, budgets and risks on a monthly basis.
- Providing pre and post contract Quantity Surveying Services for the portfolio or project including, without limitation, cost estimating, monthly accounts, review of cost and budget forecasts, quantum analysis of claims and variation submissions, and final account settlement.
- Monitoring and ensuring project insurance policies are maintained in relation to portfolio construction works (Professional Indemnity, Contractors All Risk, Third Party, Other contract insurance requirements).
- Complying with and using AFGRE forms and processes to ensure internal approvals are obtained in accordance with group policies and the Delegation of Authority.
- Assisting in prequalification of Contractors and Consultants.
- Preparing Requests for proposal and negotiating agreements for contractors and consultants.
- Preparing tender evaluation reports and advising on selection of tenderers.
- Post Contract administration services for Consultancy and Contractor agreements.
- Monitoring Portfolio payment and budget commitments in accordance with Cost Management Services Team.
- Preparing Interim Payment evaluations.
- Maintaining Variation register detailing submitted values, agreed values and whether signed off.
More than 4 years
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: (Identify the recruitment specifications needed to perform this job at fully – acceptable level).
Professional qualification, Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Construction Economics or Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
Minimum 4 years experience in position in commercial role (Contractors, Clients, Consultants, Developers) in real estate development or construction sectors.
Experience in Real Estate projects is required.
B. COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE :
Required: Proficient in MS office (MS Excel / Word / PowerPoint)
C. COMPETENCY PROFILE:
Leadership, Initiative, Professional Knowledge, Decision Making, Communication, self-development and team working.
About this Company
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles.
See all Careers and Jobs at Al-Futtaim
Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the...