- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
A Power System Engineer is responsible for the implementation of advanced power systems applications. This includes functional design, software design, development & testing, and application integration and tuning (e.g. network and generation).
The role includes implementation tasks planning, physical progress monitoring, costs evaluation and monitoring, risks identification. It also involves day to day working with many areas of the Marketing/Sales/Tendering.
- Power system engineer's responsibilities includes functional software specifications, design, coding, testing, integration, customer testing and delivery. It includes the following tasks :
- Acts as technical lead on specification, design, development, implementation, tuning and maintenance of software for one or more power system applications.
- Ensures quality assurance standards and procedures are followed in all aspects of software development.
- Consults with other technical leads to ensure that project-related system design guidelines are being followed.
- Performs power system applications tuning, results analysis, defect analysis and correction.
- Plans the implementation tasks, monitor progresses and costs, evaluates cost to complete for his/her assigned power system applications.
- Provides input to delivery manager on schedules, cost estimates, risks evaluation and mitigation plan.
- Interfaces and develops relationships with customers and partners on general and specific issues within area of functional expertise.
- Assists Marketing/Sales/Tendering with major technical strategy development and deployment
- Provides marketing support for proposals and demonstrations to potential customers.
- The working area will be mainly the Middle East, and potentially Africa or Europe. The candidate will be located in Dubai UAE
More than 3 years
Not Specified at least
Electronics and Semiconductors
- Power system engineering or software engineering with good electrotechnical basis – PhD or Master degree and/or equivalent experience
- Good programming skills in C++, Java or other related language
- Good understanding of database operation
- Good business and software knowledge of the power systems domain, in particular in network modelling, network analysis and generation control functions
- Good business knowledge of the energy market domain is highly appreciated
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable presenting technical design and technical solutions to clients/customers (English mandatory, French highly appreciated)
- Significant experience in the power system domain
About this Company
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
See all Careers and Jobs at General Electric