- Experience Needed:
- More than 15 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Main tasks are the following:
- Lead the pool of civil works site resources: CW Site Managers / Construction Coordinators, CW Site Engineers / MEP Engineers & Coordinators
- Supervise/oversee the civil works construction activities in the region/area
- Support development of proposals “ITO phase” for civil scopes including development of installation rates for commodities and schedule duration
- Support with engineering the quantity takeoffs for civil estimates during ITO phase
- Support the technical and scope development sections of field subcontracts formation for civil activities, additionally responsible for civil subcontractor qualification.
- Ensure Civil construction coordination liaison between design engineering and site construction teams
- Ensure close coordination of project planning, actions and deliverables with MEP Manager and CW Technical & Design Manager
- Perform civil work methods and improvement studies
- Supporting operationally main projects
- Perform spot checks for quality control survelance inspections of completed work
- Assist in the preparation of project re-forecasts or estimate at completion
- Assist in the preparation and updating of construction civil schedules
- Work with project controls to implement schedule durations and labor manhour requirements for managing of subcontractors during civil installations
- Assist in project team building as requested
- Assist to resolve engineering problems encountered during construction
- Participate and lead the civil constructability program in coordination with engineering
- Ensure the proper implementation of the project Environment Control Plan
- Defining and ensuring implementation of CW site processes and procedures.
- Ensuring sharing of Best Practices and Returns on Experience (ROE) in terms of CW construction
- Ensure implementation of the construction quality control plan for civil installations
- Coordinate the development and tracking of leason learned during project civil erection phase
- Attend the required client meetings to support project managers.
- Lead the team to perform structural steel erection including planning and inspections
- Supporting CW Site Managers / Engineers by ensuring full compliance of civil subcontractors with contract terms and conditions, safety guidelines and rules, quality procedures, client requirements.
- Ensuring all the civil works are executed on time and within budget.
- Leading accurate root cause analysis in case of any deviation (BDR analysis)
- Lead the team to perform earthwork activities to include site grading, piles, retaining walls and road work.
- Knowledgable in ASCE, ASTM, AISC and ACI code requirements.
More than 15 years
Not Specified at least
Electronics and Semiconductors
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering
Desired Knowledge & Experience
- Min 15 years experience in civil construction in the Middle East Region with team, subcontractor and consultant management responsibility; candidates with UAE experience are preferred
- Experience in projects for Self-Perform construction installations preferred
Behavioural Skills / Competencies
- Strong leadership skills, proactive, deep knowledge in civil installations and sequence, strong civil planning and reporting, good communication skills, fluent English
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of reading civil drawings and experienced in the coordination of other commodities that interface with civil designs and installations in clear interface with electrical and mechanical scopes.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in erection of major earthwork, foundation and structural steel design and erection
About this Company
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
See all Careers and Jobs at General Electric