- Experience Needed:
7 to 10 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Perform and implement all custom clearance activities such as following upcoming Shipment, documents transactions and day-to-day related activities in accordance with the objectives, policies and procedures.
- Participating in implementing the anticipated plans and programs as per the set goals to ensure internal work development and productivity increase.
- Participating in the development of the Customs Clearance Section's work plan and preparing work schedules and expediting workflow to improve the efficiency of the Customs Clearance Section.
- Suggesting plans and programs that strive to improve the effectiveness of the Customs Clearance Section.
- Following up with operation department and Clients for reception of the complete set of shipping documents for customs clearance purposes, and ensure its compliance with Egypt Customs regulations and exemption lists requirements.
- Following up with the Freight Forwarders, couriers and shipping lines for freight quotations and price lists for inbound and outbound shipments.
- Follow up shipments and documents with the freight forwarders and shipping lines.
- Following up with the transporter(s) to ensure on time & complete delivery of cleared shipments.
- Keeping records of all demurrages, detentions, etc. and follow up with the concerned buyers for settlements and implements preventive actions to avoid customs penalties.
- Examining invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations.
- Preparing periodic reports with respect to Customs Clearance Section's activities and achievements.
- Have complete knowledge to prepare and confirmed all import permits from the Ministry of Internal Affairs and General Safety and Security and all import custom exemption documents, formats and formalities.
- Verify the delivery of the imported product, once cleared, from the sea to our designated warehouses.
- Performing other duties related to the job as assigned by VP.
7 to 10 years