- Experience Needed:
- 2 to 7 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Processing payments and refunds, setting up payment plans, answering account questions, researching account issues and collecting unpaid debt
- When a patient's account has an overdue balance, the patient account rep calls the patient to discuss recovering the payment and follow up with the insurance company if a reimbursement issue has occurred.
- Other patient account representative duties include printing bills, explaining insurance benefits to patients and helping staff with additional administrative tasks.
- Good phone skills help with working with patients and clearly explaining policies and details.
- Being able to negotiate is crucial for resolving collections issues successfully.
2 to 7 years
Not Specified at least
Healthcare and Medical Services