- Experience Needed:
- More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
10,000 to 15,000 EGP per month
About the Job
Terre des hommes (TDH) is a leading Swiss organization for child relief and is active in more than 30 countries. It develops and implements field projects across the globe to allow a better daily life for over two million children and their families. TDH is present in Egypt since 1983. Its presence is legalized by an agreement signed with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with projects under the supervision of the Ministry of Social Solidarity.
About this position:
This Senior position will be responsible for the start-up and ongoing coordination of a new counselling centre specialized in individual and family counselling for refugees and asylum seekers.
- In collaboration with existing project staff, start-up a new counselling center.
- Participate in the selection of counselors.
- Assist in the training of paraprofessional counselors.
- Supervise the counselling provided by paraprofessional counselors.
- Facilitate team work.
- Facilitate a positive supportive working environment.
- Implement client reporting system.
- Report monthly and annually on the progress of the project activities.
- Ensure collaboration between counselors and other organizational staff and services.
More than 3 years
Not Specified at least
- Expertise in Counselling.
- Expertise as a Trainer.
- Capacity to provide clinical case supervision.
- Knowledge about refugees, asylum seekers and/or trauma related mental health issues.
- Leadership skills.
- Works well with a team.
Qualification & Experiences
- Master’s Degree or above in either Counseling, Psychology or Psychiatry
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a clinician
- Experience in providing clinical supervision
- Experience as a trainer.
- Experience in program management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Arabic and English oral and written.
- Proficiency in use of computer for reporting.
- Please mention the job title in the subject line.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Closing date for applications: 3 September 2019
About this Company
The Psycho-Social Services and Training Institute in Cairo (PSTIC) began in 2009.
See all Careers and Jobs at PSTIC
Its staff and graduates form a network that is a hub for mental health and psychosocial support for refugees in Cairo. PSTIC graduated: 17 refugees as Psychosocial Workers (PSW) in...