- Experience Needed:
More than 15 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Provide industry thought leadership, strategic solution advice, and expert consultation to support customer co-innovation, enterprise transformation, and business process performance improvement programs.
Lead customer engagements to assess strategic objectives, innovation scenarios, key improvement opportunities and other sources of incremental economic value. Lead strategic account planning sessions with customers, facilitate customer visioning workshops, and lead delivery of value focused engagements. Partner with field sales teams to identify revenue opportunities, create account strategies, and execute sales plays. In focused industry segments, responsible for demand generation, industry pipeline build strategies and development of scale initiatives resulting in increased industry pipeline, revenue and in elevating SAP’s leadership position in an industry segment within a specific region / Market Unit.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Contribute to practice development through thought leadership content, business benchmarking, best practice assessments, and customer success studies. Represent SAP externally and internally on a local level on industry sector, innovation and value management related topics.
- Area 1: Identification, development, and execution of targeted sales opportunities; act as key expert in SAP’s IVE portfolio and serve as a primary conduit between the Global and Regional IBS and field sales organizations to oversee, influence and track the execution of key field sales priorities.
- Area 2: Develop and validate high-quality business plans which clearly articulate our IVE strategy, GTM activities and key execution steps. Design customer engagements and select team members. Oversee engagement delivery and provide quality assurance. Recommend scope and project set-up to ensure on time, on quality delivery of customer solutions. Act as trusted advisor for customers.
- Area 3: Devise comprehensive strategies to engage partners in areas such as business development, packaged solution development and industry solution cross-selling. Regularly benchmark SAP customers for best practices and value achieved. Develop, refine, and leverage standardized innovative approaches, tools, methodologies, industry/Lob-specific content used in VE engagements, etc.
- Area 4: Provide standardized approaches for IVE based sales activities. Enable the field sales and support roll–out of new training; conduct in class training for specific industries and contribute to e-learning content. Provide on demand access for industry specific expertise.
- Area 5: Development of SAP’s IVE brand through thought leadership, content creation, appearances, articles and social and traditional media interviews, etc.
More than 15 years
Not Specified at least
Information Technology Services
- 15+ years of professional experience in Sales / Consulting / Industry Solutions experience including min 7 years of management consulting experience with leading international firm or 5 + years of VE experience and/or industry / solution segment
- Experience in diverse technology landscape and process/technology integration issues
- SAP product experience and/or 8-15 years prior relevant industry/solutions experience. Viewed as industry/ solutions expert across SAP, capable of leveraging an extensive network on behalf of SAP resulting in pipeline and revenue growth.
- Experience with IT / business alignment issues.
- Account Engagement Design and Facilitation.
- Experience with executive interview techniques
- Experience in design and facilitation of executive workshops aligning diverse perspectives and expectations. Executive presence
- Experience with large account management
- Experience in developing deployment project plans and long term IT Roadmaps ( Value Architect required)
- SAP Industry and/or product line business development. Experience building and retaining strong customer relationships
- Experience leading engagements
- Experience with business case creation, analysis, and research.
- Advanced knowledge of value selling methodology. & processes, opportunities, value chain and ecosystem analyses experience. Customer facing experience. Fluency in English, any other language an asset. Fluency in the language of local markets desirable.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required, MBA or equivalent degree required from accredited university preferred
About this Company
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we...
See all Careers and Jobs at SAP