- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Working as part of a busy support team your key duties will require you to implement and maintain IT infrastructure, as well as interfacing confidently both verbally and written to senior management stakeholders at varying levels across multiple business entities. You will provide a support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your home site as well as any remote sites that you and your team also support. You will also be running projects across the site, working closely with the business, fellow engineers and remote support teams to implement changes and/or additions to the site’s technology infrastructure to support changing business and IT requirements. You will also have a keen eye for business and/or technology trends. There is a requirement for occasional travel therefore a full clean UK driving license must be held.
The extent of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Managing the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly.
- Liaising with global SME teams to facilitate the installation and maintenance of networking and server infrastructure, in accordance to Amazon standards.
- The creation, review, revision and execution of change management requests and project plans as required.
- Perform site audits on technical infrastructure to ensure adherence to latest Amazon IT and Health & Safety guidelines as required.
- Represent the IT department in site meetings / conference calls and be the point of contact/escalation for the business and other support functions.
- Act as a point of contact for contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
Undertake project management:
- Act as a single point of contact for projects.
- Provide technical and management support/input to site and team projects/initiatives.
- Keep key stakeholders informed of progress of projects and maintain project documentation in the required format.
- Provide validation and sanity check the technical execution of projects.
- Provide direction and support to the IT Support Technicians as required with regards to trouble tickets (issues) and action items (requests).
- Managing and supporting the updating and auditing of departmental documentation.
- Continuously be focused on your customers, delivering an outstanding level of service.
- Interact with suppliers, request quotes and purchase equipment in accordance with policies, budgets and operational demand.
- Produce weekly reports covering metrics and work performed.
- Contribute to the paid on-call schedule covering your home site and sites within your node/region for high severity incidents.
- Provide mentoring and training to technicians and other engineers and act as technical contact for remote support teams as and when required.
- Support the recruitment of new talent into OpsTechIT (once trained)
More than 2 years
Not Specified at least
- First line / second line experience supporting enterprise network hardware (using Cisco products an advantage).
- A strong background in supporting and troubleshooting Networks – LAN / WAN and Wireless.
- Good working knowledge of enterprise switches, firewalls, and using the CLI. We don’t expect you to build configs or trouble shoot complex issues but you need to have a relevant level of experience for the role such as hardware installations and basic troubleshooting.
- Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, the OSI 7 layer model, DNS, DHCP, VPNs, HSRP or other high availability solutions
- Understanding of wireless networking in an enterprise environment such as coverage challenges and end user device roaming.
- Understanding of copper and fiber data cabling, e.g. CAT6, single mode and multi-mode fiber optics.
- Working knowledge of Linux from installations, file systems, using text editors such as vi, general Linux CLI commands and Linux systems administration.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft back office technologies. Although most of our Active Directory / ADFS, Mail systems, etc. are managed by a separate team your experience to discuss problems or areas of improvement would be advantageous.
- Project management abilities and technical task execution experience.
- Strong analytical skills with proven problem solving ability of complex technical issues.
- Essential you have worked in a customer facing role which requires solid technical aptitude, excellent oral communication and written skills to develop clear and concise documentation and to engage effectively with the business at all levels, in different situations.
- Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
- Ability to travel and hold a clean UK driving license
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Vendor certification of the following would be beneficial: Cisco, Linux/Unix System Support, MS Windows System Support - LAN / WAN and Wireless.
- Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies advantageous.
- IT / ICT further education qualification.
- Help Desk / Technical support management experience and some team leading experience would be advantageous.
- Ability to develop the skills needed to support specific Fulfillment Centre Automated Systems.
- Ability to coordinate with remotely based support groups to implement IT changes.
- Proven ability to learn and apply new technology.
About this Company
We connect people and products – opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars – we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
See all Careers and Jobs at Souq.com, An Amazon Company
Driven by smart technology,...