- Experience Needed:
- More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Senior Management (e.g. VP, CEO)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
We are looking for a Cairo based, law enforcement professional who will be responsible for:
- Leading Uber's relationship with police leaders in Egypt and supporting engagements in other key Middle Eastern Countries.
- Developing innovative solutions to engage and work with police; promoting Uber’s commitment to safety, privacy and transparency.
- Supporting police investigation teams in response to critical incidents, and protests.
- Guiding and advising the business on how best to partner with the law enforcement community in the pursuit of community safety.
- This is a highly dynamic role including routine and ad-hoc responsibilities with little direct supervision.
What You’ll Do
- Liaise with law enforcement leaders to promote a positive, open and collaborative relationship.
- Plan and deliver educational programs for law enforcement personnel on our process for data sharing in response to legal requests.
- Ensure user safety by supporting police following critical incidents.
- Contribute to incident response, helping the business to identify actions to reduce risk.
- Produce accurate and timely incident updates and post incident reports.
- Collaborate with our security team to minimise threats to our people and places.
- Travel throughout the Middle East as needed - Approx 20% of your time, up to four days at a time.
More than 10 years
Not Specified at least
Consumer Services Transportation
About this Company
Uber Technologies Inc. is a peer-to-peer ridesharing, taxi cab, food delivery, bicycle-sharing, and transportation network company headquartered in San Francisco, California, with operations in 785 metropolitan areas worldwide. Its platforms can be accessed via its websites and mobile apps.
See all Careers and Jobs at Uber