- Experience Needed:
- 4 to 8 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Edit, standardize, proofread, revise and finalize translated material prepared (Global reports, news and events from news agencies)
- Organize translated material and finalize translation according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Prepare project reports and documentation.
- Consult with experts in specialist areas; retain and develop specialist knowledge on specialist areas of translation.
- Advise clients and translation team members about matters of Spanish custom, culture and protocol.
- Create writing instructions, reference and maintenance manuals for the translation service team.
- Prepare project proposals, training materials, technical reports, online documentation and help systems for assigned projects
4 to 8 years
Not Specified at least
Journalism Online Media Translation and Localization
- We normally require for the Technical Translator position a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Spanish or related, A qualified candidate is required to obtain and present specialized information within strict accuracy and format requirements, and must possess the highly specialized knowledge of technical writing and translation.
In order to duly perform the job duties described above, a qualified candidate must demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- This position requires the individual to have an excellent background in Journalism translation and Media Press writing.
- Writing - Communicating effectively with others in writing as indicated by the needs of the reader/audience.
- Information Gathering and Researching - Knowing how to find information and identifying essential information.
- Information Organization - Finding ways to structure or classify multiple pieces of information.
- Synthesis/Reorganization - Reorganizing information to get a better approach to problems or tasks.
- Active Learning - Working with new material or information to grasp its implications.
- Spanish Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the Spanish language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, grammar, and history.
Key skills for translators
- Ability to work to deadlines
- The ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- A clear writing style with an impeccable knowledge of spelling and grammar
- Attention to detail
- With in-depth knowledge of the Spanish language, translation of written text into Spanish (and vice versa)