- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- I ensure our customers are always in focus and strive to make them smile. I meet and serve our customers showing empathy and care. I am willing to listen and support them with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
- I lead by example and am a good ambassador for the IKEA store in all contact with our customers, and I give them a good reason to return again and again.
- I always look at my store through the eyes of our customers and walk the store regularly. I have a daily dialogue with our customers to get continuous feedback about their experiences and to learn more about their needs and wants. I then take action based on their input.
- I take immediate action to meet the needs of customers and give input on how to continuously improve the meeting with them. I encourage my colleagues to do the same.
- I know about the services offered in my store and use this knowledge to help customers.
- I ensure our customers have a great shopping experience at all times throughout the day.
- I have an overview of the store business plan and IKEA Food action plans, and I contribute to my area’s action plan by supporting my manager in implementing it with the team.
- I secure an irresistible food offer by ensuring an attractive presentation and communication of the range.
- I am passionate about my products and actively learn about their content, origins and other benefits. I share this knowledge with my customers and colleagues.
- I know my top-selling products and 3 Aces and 1 King, and I ensure they are available and clearly communicated and displayed at all times.
- I work with my manager to actively contribute and support relevant marketing and in-store activities.
- I support my manager in implementing range changes in a simple and cost-conscious way.
- During unexpectedly quiet times I initiate commercial activities that attract store visitors and increase the take-up rate, or take other actions to secure productivity.
- I ensure my area is efficiently maintained as well as clean, organized, attractive and inviting to provide a positive customer experience.
- I use my local market awareness to give my manager input regarding range and pricing.
- I work with my manager to ensure all the co-workers in my area understand the IKEA Concept and key guidelines, as well as how these have an impact on their specific roles.
- I lead by example and support and coach my colleagues on the job so they can meet the needs of our customers and grow professionally.
- I work actively to create an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality, and diversity is valued, to ensure IKEA Food is regarded as a great place to work.
- I take an active role in my team and co-operate when needed with colleagues in other parts of the store.
- I keep my colleagues informed so that they can perform their roles effectively. I pass on my knowledge to colleagues and encourage them to do the same.
Steering the business
- I contribute to making the IKEA store successful, high performing and capable of achieving sales growth.
- I work towards agreed goals and take appropriate action to ensure I meet them.
- I challenge costs by working in a lean, simple, cost-conscious way, using and sharing good examples and encouraging the team to discover smarter ways of working.
- I ensure that the IKEA Quality and Food Safety Policies and routines are followed.
- I report any food incident, or potential incident, through CASY and inform my manager. I contribute to creating a “safety first” culture where co-workers are encouraged to raise and discuss concerns and solutions.
- I ensure there is the right number of co-workers in the right place at the right time to run my area successfully.
- I also work proactively to avoid bottlenecks and consistently improve customer satisfaction.
- I ensure the daily operational routines and actions set out by my manager for the area are implemented
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Construction - Residential & Commercial/Office Real Estate/Property Management Retail
Knowledge and previous experience
- IKEA sales experience and knowledge of IKEA merchandising techniques.
- Experience of working in vibrant retail environment with proven track record
- Experience of serving customers
- Experience of supervising and working in a team
- Experience of developing action plans
- Experience of working with a KPI-driven action plan
Common retail competence profile
- Basic English communication skills
- MS Office literate
- A person with the potential to become a store department head as the next step in an established career path that could lead to the position of Commercial Swedish Food Market & Bistro Manager, Kitchen Production Manager, Commercial Restaurant Manager, Shopkeeper or possibly as an alternative step in her/his chosen career development.
- Decision-making and problem-solving abilities with the drive to make things happen.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Takes responsibility and can delegate when necessary.
- Communicates well with others.
About this Company
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles.
See all Careers and Jobs at Al-Futtaim
Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the...