- Experience Needed:
- More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Senior Management (e.g. VP, CEO)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Assumes authority, responsibility, and accountability for the delivery of nursing services in the Hospital, allocates department resources in an efficient and economic manner to enable each Patient to attain or maintain the highest practical physical well-being. Collaborates with other departments, medical professionals, consultants, to develop, support and coordinate Patient care, related administrative functions, and to represent the interests of the Hospital.
- Develops, maintains, and implements nursing policies and procedures that conform to current standards of Nursing practice, facility philosophy, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with ethical regulations.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing staff, and monitors staff practices and implementation.
- Participates in daily or weekly management team meetings to discuss Patient status, census changes, personnel, or Patient complaints or concerns.
- Evaluates the work performance of all nursing personnel, assists in the determination of wage increases, and implements discipline according to operational policies.
- Ensures delivery of compassionate quality care and nursing supervision as evidenced by adequate services and staff coverage on unit, absence of odors, general cleanliness, prevention of pressure wounds, and apparent maintenance of optimal Patient functions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and application of Key Clinical Quality Indicators, and proactively monitors and implements systems up to JCI standard
- Exercises overall supervision of Patient assessments and care plans.
- Reviews 24-hours report from every unit daily to monitor and ensure timely, effective responses to significant changes in condition, transfers, and discharges, use of restraints, unexplained injuries, falls, behavioral episodes, and medication errors.
- Collaborates with physicians, consultants, community agencies, and institutions to improve the quality of services and to resolve identified problems.
- Oversees nursing schedules to assure they meet Patient needs and regulatory and budgetary standards.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of nursing personnel and assures sufficient staff is hired.
- Oversees and supervises development and delivery of in-service education to equip nursing staff with sufficient knowledge and skills to provide compassionate, quality care and respect for Patient rights.
- Proactively develops positive employee relations, incentives, and recognition programs. Promotes teamwork, mutual respect, and effective communication.
- Performs rounds to observe care and to interview staff, Patients, families or other interested parties.
- implements, and monitors the infection control program designed to provide a safe, sanitary, and comfortable environment designed to prevent the devilment and transmission of disease and infection.
- Reviews infection control surveillance reports with Infection Control team to identify trends and to develop effective actions to control and prevent infections. Submits an infection control report to the QA Committee.
- Coordinates and/or develops on-going QA activities for nursing services to monitor nursing compliance with standards and regulatory requirements through rounds, interviews, and record reviews. Compiles summary of findings for the Quality Assurance committees.
- Participates in budget development for the nursing department, and for medical, nursing, and central supplies. Assures nursing staff properly charges out ancillaries used.
- Helps the Administrator prepare staff for inspection surveys, instructing staff on matters of conduct and disclosure, being interviewed by inspectors, immediate corrections of problems noted by surveyors, etc.
- Participates in the preparation of the Plan of Correction response to an inspection survey, and implements any follow-up QA required for any nursing allegations.
- Maintain a high quality of care and life for Patients.
- Promotes customer service and hospitality and responds to and adequately resolves complaints or concerns from Patients or families about nursing services.
- Monitors complaint reports daily for allegations of potential abuse or neglect, or the loss or misappropriation of Patient property, and participates in these investigations.
- Assures staff is trained in fire and disaster and other emergency procedures, and
More than 7 years
Not Specified at least
Healthcare and Medical Services